Droid X2 not synching GMail consistantly

Arttworx

Reaction score
Got an unrooted X2 and it's not synching my gmail accounts as often as my X did. How often is it supposed to check it? I have it properly set to sync and everything but I find in the middle of the day it hasn't checked in a while. I know the WiFi fan and signal bars turn blue when it's doing any google stuff and it's more often grey than blue. My X was almost always blue.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks!

b_salgado

Reaction score
There is a widget called power control. Make sure the sync button is green in this control. If it is not, you will not get your sync from Gmail. I had the same problem about a month ago and It took me a little while to figure it out. To get to this widget, long press a place on your screen until you get the pop up. Chose widgets, then chose power control. It will have toggles for wifi, sync, bluetooth,GPS, and brightness....I have it on one of my screens for easy access.

bebop

Reaction score
Brilliant! Works perfectly Droid X. None of the geniuses at Verizon, Google or Android Market could figure it out. Thanks.

b_salgado

Reaction score
Don't feel bad... they couldn't figure it out on mine either! So much for tech support!