Droid X2 Kernels?

dbroadbent

Reaction score
I've searched for the last hour, and haven't been able to find anything useful on the subject, so I apologize if this is a double post.

I have not been able to find a kernel for the Droid X2. The only kernels I've found have been up to 1.1 GHz, and since the processor is rated at 1 GHz, I'm pretty disappointed so far. My Droid 1 was rated at 550 MHz and I had it running at 1.1 GHz.

Can someone point me to a website that has some Droid X2 kernels?

Thank you!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh? I just got the X2 this week.

Locked bootloader on the X2 does not allow for new kernels. The Droid was a NAND unlocked device, which, in short, allowed kernels to be built and modified for the device. The X2 is NAND Locked.

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Locked bootloader on the X2 does not allow for new kernels. The Droid was a NAND unlocked device, which, in short, allowed kernels to be built and modified for the device. The X2 is NAND Locked.

Has anything changed since I started this thread? Surely there's someone smart enough to figure out an exploit...

tnronin

Reaction score
With superoneclick easily rooting the phone you would think someone would have figured it out. I just got mine, and had it rooted within 45mins (other things to do don'tcha know). It was pretty painless.

tnronin

Reaction score
Unless I missed something it was done when I rooted the phone. It was very simple

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do we unlock the x2s bootloader?

To unlock the bootloader... You have to unlock and crack moto's 2460 bit encryption(in other words it hasn't been done)

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless I missed something it was done when I rooted the phone. It was very simple

Routing is a bit different... They just allows for file manipulation... Not changing a whole partition

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

tnronin

Reaction score
Ah OK. When I attempt to root my daughters phone it kept resetting when mine didn't I figured I was good to go.