Droid X2

dbroadbent

Reaction score
It's been a while for me, so bear with me here...

I have a rooted X2 (running 2.3.4 mind you), and have been trying to find an updated ROM for it, but nothing I've found appears to be working for me. I've seen 4.0+ updates/ROMs, but nothing I've found has seemed to work for me. I've spent the last four hours trying to figure it out, and have been unsuccessful.

I'm willing to go back to stock (I've already done a full wipe, so who cares at this point?), then root to whatever mod is needed to get to ICS.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

OP
D

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Reading a news article would have done me better... Motorola won't update DROID 3, DROID X2 to Android 4 | BGR

It seems that the X2 was the bastard child of Motorola.

But then there's this guy, that has what appears to be 4.0 (CM9?) on his X2- [video=youtube;TFGvhXuht_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFGvhXuht_w[/video]

But I don't see anywhere on the CM website where they even have a section for the X2, and the latest mod for the X is CM7.1.

Either way, I feel hopelessly confused. Help is appreciated.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There are a ton of ICS ROMs and 2 JB ROMs for the X2... come on over to droidxforums.com and we'll take care of you. I'll post links in a second.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Just note that all the ICS and JB ROMs have some bugs because the X2 is stuck on a gingerbread kernel.

Links:

CM9 (ICS) [ROM][BETA][ICS]CyanogenMod 9.0.0 RC1 BETA1[UPDATED 8/13]

AOKP (ICS) [ROM][AOKP][PORT] AOKP for the DX2 and the MX2 [8/4/12]

MIUI (ICS) [ROM][BETA] MIUI vX.X.XX

Paranoid Android (ICS) [ROM][PORT][KANG] ParanoidAndroid v1.6 DX2 (7/31/12)

CM10 (JB) [ROM] [JB] CyanogenMod 10

AOKP (JB) [Rom] [Port] [JB] AOKP

and of course probably the most stable is CM7 but that is a gingerbread ROM: [ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 X2 [BETA]