Droid X

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by ArmyPunk21, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ArmyPunk21

ArmyPunk21 New Member

Now I have a Droid X that is not connected to any network other then my house wifi. Is it possible to make phone calls via wifi? (free)
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I am willing to root if needed, I have no experience with hacking a droid but Im sure it not to different from what Ive done to my PSP
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You can't make calls for free. And we will discuss hacking but not how you can hack into Verizon to make calls, just be aware of that.

You can use your X for anything data via wifi. You can text if you have Google Voice for free but you cannot make calls. You can download apps, root if you want to and use apps that are made for rooted phones.
  3. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

What home phone service do you have? If you have vonage you can turn your phone into a mobile vonage phone with the vonage app, however you have to be on wifi or 3g (and no service locks you into wifi only). Your other option is skype mobile, however the calls are only free between skype to skype, and again you will have to have wifi.
    Any call to a land line using skype I have heard is like 2.99 per call...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. ArmyPunk21

ArmyPunk21 New Member

No intention of hacking into verizon to make calls, just was wondering if there was an ability to use wifi to make calls. And the hacking, if you have AIM or Xfire Id love to discuss this over the messanger then in a forum (For the fact that if I have a question I may ask you directly) if not Id still appreciate any help you have to offer on the forum to me