Droid X syncing to Outlook 2007

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
Just picked up the smokin Droid X. I am looking for a good syncing application to use with Outlook 2007 and Droid. Anybody have suggestions?

Ronus

Reaction score
it doesnt come with exchange synchronization with the regular mail program?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, please go to your settings in Gmail on line. You will need to set up csv files to transfer your contacts from Outlook 2007 to gmail. The instructions are in Gmail in your settings.

I've never had to do it but my wife has and she says it's real simple. Good luck.

OP
J

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
Guys, please go to your settings in Gmail on line. You will need to set up csv files to transfer your contacts from Outlook 2007 to gmail. The instructions are in Gmail in your settings.

I've never had to do it but my wife has and she says it's real simple. Good luck.
Hey Hook, Thanks. I did that alrealdy, but that means I have to save to CSV everytime I make changes in order to sych w Gmail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey Hook, Thanks. I did that alrealdy, but that means I have to save to CSV everytime I make changes in order to sych w Gmail.

You're the second person that has said that, so I guess I'm not understanding why it's necessary. Once you sync your contacts wouldn't you be adding contacts to gmail? I guess I'm not understanding the need for Outlook after you've synced contacts.

OP
J

jayreichbaum

Reaction score

You're the second person that has said that, so I guess I'm not understanding why it's necessary. Once you sync your contacts wouldn't you be adding contacts to gmail? I guess I'm not understanding the need for Outlook after you've synced contacts.
It's tough teaching an old microsft dog new tricks. I'm just so used to using Outlook at work, at home, and on my laptop. I just need to start really using Gmail and it's calendar exclusively.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's tough teaching an old microsft dog new tricks. I'm just so used to using Outlook at work, at home, and on my laptop. I just need to start really using Gmail and it's calendar exclusively.

OK….and thank you, seriously. :) I just thought I was missing a piece of the puzzle.

FWIW there are some 40.00 or so programs out there that do this. I've heard good and bad stories. I believe we have a supported vendor who sells one.

bryant_16

Reaction score
For touchdown, I used it previously for my HTC G1 and its not really pushing in the mails. Hows the touchdown push performance for your phone?