Syncing with Outlook 2007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Okay, I'm done using Google to sync my contacts. Too many steps and doesn't work right half the time. Can y'all recommend the best app to sync Outlook 2007 with the Droid X?

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
I was looking at that one. Follow-up questions: Do I only need a wireless router to connect wirelessly? Is is usable with the "contacts" icon on the droid home page, or do you have go through its provided app?

Thanks for your help!

Esta

Reaction score
Tips I got

Hi, I've recently had a similiar question and posted it on the Android forum considering buying a third-part solution like CodeTwoExchangeSync, but apparently this one is good if you have Exchange server and know a little bit more about IT. Anyway, the guy advised me to check this out: http://www.syncdroid.net and to try Roadsync or TouchDown. :)

chaluk

Reaction score
The key is Exchange. If you are using Exchange, Touchdown is the best that I have read about. If you do not have Exchange, My Phone Explorer is the way to go. I tried Companionlink, but it requires that you install and use their suite of apps (contact, calendar, etc). Big turn off for me because you lose some of the integration with the native Android apps, such as being able to have your contacts available to the navigation app. Also, My Phone Explorer is FREE and it works!

OP
bigmac007

bigmac007

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was worried about too. Thanks for verifying that I wouldn't be able to use the native apps. That's a big con for me. Sounds like My Phone Explorer is the way to go.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying My Phone Exploerer. I havent been able to find many reviews on this.

--Does it sync with a Windows 7 / Outlook 2007 workstation?
--How good is the calendar/task app on the DX?
--Can you display tasks and calendar appts on the same screen on the phone?
--Is the app customizable (different views, fonts, event colors....etc)

Thanks for any input on this app.

DavidWSnow

Reaction score
Both my wife and I use Outlook (without Exchange) for Mail, Contacts and Calendar on our PCs. We use gSyncit to two-way sync with Google Contacts and Calendar on our Google Apps site. Works great!