1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How do you Sync Gmail and Droid X with Outlook?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by GLK, Jul 21, 2010.

1. GLK

GLK New Member

Here's my set-up which seems to be working (except the Droid X will not sync with the gmail contact groups):

Outlook 2007 (installed a program called gsyncit http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/
    which syncs Outlook with Gmail Calendar and Contacts).

Set the Droid X to sync with my gmail account (email, contacts and calendar).

I can make changes on Droid x or Gmail and the information syncs up automatically.

In Outlook you just need to run a sync through gsyncit and thisngs seem to work well.

Anyone else have other methods of syncing these three things (gmail, droid x and outlook) that work well?

Thanks.
  2. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Why don't you just use IMAP in outlook for gmail? That way whatever changes you make in Outlook are instant in gmail online. And since the DroidX uses push, everything should sync whenever you make changes anywhere.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

GLK if you go to www.gmail.com and log into your account in the settings you will see how to transfer your contacts by making a csv file. It's easy to do and you can get all your contacts transferred over to gmail that way.
Search tags for this page

how do i synchronize my email with gmail on droid x 2