Droid X price drop to $100

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

impaler

Reaction score
You're being dead serious?

Yes. Why would I just make this up? You've seen it for yourself. I didn't get the $69.99 insurance or whatever Dell offers...I'll add the insurance once I get the phone in the mail this week and activate it.

As is the case with anything like this, if you want to do it, make sure you do the research and make sure it's right for you.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're being dead serious?

Yes. Why would I just make this up? You've seen it for yourself. I didn't get the $69.99 insurance or whatever Dell offers...I'll add the insurance once I get the phone in the mail this week and activate it.

As is the case with anything like this, if you want to do it, make sure you do the research and make sure it's right for you.

I'm not trying to doubt you or anything like that. It just seems too good to be true. I was looking to get the X a couple of days ago and I decided to wait but if it's 9.99 I'll definitely take it. Since it's through Verizon I'm sure my warranty and insurance will still cover but I just wanted to check. Seems like there would be a catch. I'm getting this. Even if it was bs, it's only 9.99 so I'm not really losing anything.

impaler

Reaction score
Even if it was bs, it's only 9.99 so I'm not really losing anything.

I agree. I don't know why it'd be BS. It's not like Dell isn't a reputable company. You do sign a contract, and if you want to return it, you have to go through the RA nonsense to return it (you can't return to a brick & mortar). But you still have 30 days. I've already received automated emails from Verizon activating my account.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even if it was bs, it's only 9.99 so I'm not really losing anything.

I agree. I don't know why it'd be BS. It's not like Dell isn't a reputable company. You do sign a contract, and if you want to return it, you have to go through the RA nonsense to return it (you can't return to a brick & mortar). But you still have 30 days. I've already received automated emails from Verizon activating my account.

True. I just always wondered why Verizon never has these deals but it allows the same deals through other companies? Kinda pointless if you ask me. Unless there is something I'm clearly missing. So, if I brick my phone I can't return it?

impaler

Reaction score
So, if I brick my phone I can't return it?

Good question, but I don't have a good answer; I'm in the midst of going through this process, so it's all new to me. I think you'd be able to return it, but I bet it'd get rejected and you'd never get neither the device nor your money back...after all, they need to re-sell refurb. I'd recommend not rooting your phone until you are sure you want to keep it, though, to avoid that scenario.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Good question, but I don't have a good answer; I'm in the midst of going through this process, so it's all new to me. I think you'd be able to return it, but I bet it'd get rejected and you'd never get neither the device nor your money back...after all, they need to re-sell refurb. I'd recommend not rooting your phone until you are sure you want to keep it, though, to avoid that scenario.

Well, they won't know I bricked it anyway. I'll just say it quit turning on and get a new one sent. Is the X on Dell new or CPO? And yeah, I'll play with it some beforehand. Although, it will be extremely hard not to root it the second I open the box haha.

OP
J

Johnly

Well, they won't know I bricked it anyway. I'll just say it quit turning on and get a new one sent. Is the X on Dell new or CPO? And yeah, I'll play with it some beforehand. Although, it will be extremely hard not to root it the second I open the box haha.
Thanks bro! We will pick up the tab.......I live large:icon_ banana:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks bro! We will pick up the tab.......I live large:icon_ banana:

Gotta be honest, not quite sure what you're getting at?

vtchris

Reaction score
Advantage of being new to Verizon

Here is my situation: I have a really old simple (dumb) Motorola cell phone with AT&T whos number I would like to keep. I also have an UMB 150 air card through Verizon, the 2 yr contract will be up in 10 days. And I want to replace both with the Droid X. Would it be cheaper for me to turn off my air card at the end of the contract and then get me a DX and be considered "new to Verizon"? And then will they be able to port my number from the ATT&T phone? What is your advice? Also would like to know how to get the best data plan for the cheapest monthly charge. I sure will be glad to get rid of my 5Gigs/$60/month plan! This site rocks...thanks!