billydakidd66

Reaction score
Why buy an X with Lte coming out?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

shdowman

Reaction score
Why buy an X with Lte coming out?

Because most people dont really NEED LTE, and by the time their upgrade comes around, it'll be in a lot more cities.

Not everyone is an early adopter...

billydakidd66

Reaction score
Well I would love more speed! Im kinda pissed cause now im stuck with a 3g incredible. With no upgrade till the end of 2011. Do you think the major price drop on droid phones is cause of Lte coming out?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm looking at getting an X soon, i'll be ready for another upgrade i'm sure before 4G comes anywhere near me.

OP
B

budmonster

I'm getting a DX now b/c its currently the best phone Verizon has out right now. It's even better than the HTC Merge that's coming out, besides the keyboard. Second, my next upgrade will be in '12, which will probably be the time LTE phones start exploding onto the scene and phones start pouring out. I'm not going to stick with my ancient D1 until LTE comes out and who knows for sure when that will even be.

Eskay

Reaction score
I apologize for the ignorance in this very basic question, but I have never purchased a phone from a third party retailer before and have done all of my upgrades through a verizon store.

Is there any real difference in getting an upgrade through walmart vs a verizon store? Returns, the 30 day policy, etc? And even if you deal with a retailer like walmart for the original purchase do you still use verizon stores for all following issues/questions down the road?

I was waiting for a DX price drop (since similar new phones seem to be farther off than originally thought) and if I can get it at walmart for $80 and then even get a $100 gift card the offer will be tough to pass up.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
It's even better than the HTC Merge that's coming out, besides the keyboard.

Whoa, slow down there turbo.

While the Merge has a rated clock speed of ONLY 800 Mhz, it is a newer chipset, is generally more efficient, and gets slightly better benchmarks than the DX.

Basically, it's the same phone as the HTC G2, which is making many owners quite happy right now.

People are overclocking the G2 as high as 1.9 Ghz!

It also has a GPU.

It doesn't have a locked Bootloader.

Overclock + Cyanogen, or whichever ROM you wish?

That said, I'm looking to get a DX, at least for my Wife, and if I can't get my hands on a Merge for a reasonable price, then I will likely get a DX also, I really like the extra large screen.

macnab

Reaction score
I apologize for the ignorance in this very basic question, but I have never purchased a phone from a third party retailer before and have done all of my upgrades through a verizon store.

Is there any real difference in getting an upgrade through walmart vs a verizon store? Returns, the 30 day policy, etc? And even if you deal with a retailer like walmart for the original purchase do you still use verizon stores for all following issues/questions down the road?

I was waiting for a DX price drop (since similar new phones seem to be farther off than originally thought) and if I can get it at walmart for $80 and then even get a $100 gift card the offer will be tough to pass up.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

One diff was that Best Buy (3rd party) could not port my corporate-owned phone number in store from ATT. I had to drive over to the VZ store and pay more for the phone to get Verizon to do this.

Deadpool9

Reaction score
Notice it says NEW 2 year contract. Sometimes when you are already on VZW and just doing a device upgrade the price will be much higher.
Wirefly.com recently offered the Droid 2 for only $40 on new contract, but since I was already on contract with them and only upgrading my wife's device it was $80 instead.

Eskay

Reaction score
For those curious, the above poster is correct. I thought I had looked for this specifically before but must have misread the additional information. The DX is 149.99 at Walmart if you are only upgrading and not a new customer. The gift card still applies and the net total would be 49.99. Still a good price but not as good as insinuated earlier.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
... The DX is 149.99 at Walmart if you are only upgrading and not a new customer. The gift card still applies and the net total would be 49.99. Still a good price but not as good as insinuated earlier.

Showing w/ RENEWED 2yr contract -
dbXNj.jpg

After click to see price -

6nzxG.jpg

You make $10 even!

Eskay

Reaction score
Cxan, that is exactly what I saw earlier today when I originally checked Walmart's site. However, after deadpool posted I decided to go back and double check. I have been unable to reproduce the original price of making $10 which is what you have shown. Everytime I attempt to select the phone as an upgrade I now receive the following:
walmart2.gif

The difference seems to be the lack of a 60.00 LetsTalk discount and I am not sure where that comes from.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
Interesting, perhaps I should pull the trigger on one before they change it!

jtgoffe

Reaction score
DX

I did some checking last night for the walmart deal. I was clicking on some random links throughout the DX deal and was able to get the $10 credit to come up. Also noticed that Walmart recognizes an upgrade as long as you are 10 months into your 1 year contract or 20 months into your 2-year contract. I'm 3 months away from upgrading...DX here I come!!!