Droid X price drop to $100

J

JohnDroid

droidx-costco.jpg

The Droid X has been a top seller for Verizon and Motorola for some time now. In fact, it seemed that they've only recently been able to keep up with demand. But, this is the technology world and things move faster then the speed of light... so with that said, the price is already starting to come down. Costco is offering the Droid X for $100 with a new 2 year contract. That's a great bargain and a hell of a lot of phone for that price, but its entirely possible it will drop by Black Friday as well :)

Happy Hunting!

(Source: Phandroid)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn i saw the title and thought that Verizon had dropped the price. I almost went to the store to ask them to refund me $100(i could really use $100) as i just got my X two weeks ago and am still within the 30 day return period. lol

RemyL75

Reaction score
Wirefly has had it for 100.00 w/ new 2yr for about a month now. I saw it when I ordered my Droid 2.

OP
B

budmonster

I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next month and my girlfriends upgrade is on November 20th. I called the VZW rep and she said she would send would let us use our upgrades early, so I bought the Droid X for $199 and got the LG Ally for free (for my GF).

Should I return the phones to Verizon when I get them on Friday and just go to Walmart or somewhere where its cheaper? Will they let me upgrade early like the VZW rep did?

shdowman

Reaction score
Amazon wireless $49.00 on new two year. $99 upgrade. Be careful with them. No exchanges whatsoever. Only returns.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

The Seeker

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the official Verizon Stores would match the walmart/amazon/costco price?

I have a $100 new every 2 discount, so I could potentially be getting a free phone if they do price match.

shdowman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the official Verizon Stores would match the walmart/amazon/costco price?

I have a $100 new every 2 discount, so I could potentially be getting a free phone if they do price match.

They will do no such thing. You need to buy from them to get that price. Sorry.

The Seeker

Reaction score

They will do no such thing. You need to buy from them to get that price. Sorry.

alright, it was worth a shot.

I imagine they will be running a buy one get one sale or a price drop before long anyway, especially when these other retailers are running such sales.

theforeman

Reaction score
Walmart - 89.99 with 2/year

until nov 25 you also get a 100 gift card from walmart with the purchase of many brands of cell phones. thus you actually make 10 bucks with the DX and 60 if you want the fascinate.

OP
B

budmonster

my vzw rep let me upgrade a month early to the DX. would walmart let me upgrade early too? i just upgraded to that 1400 new promotional plan.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
my vzw rep let me upgrade a month early to the DX. would walmart let me upgrade early too? i just upgraded to that 1400 new promotional plan.

If verizon moves your eligibility date, otherwise no, walmart would see your normal date and has to stick to that.

OP
B

budmonster

If verizon moves your eligibility date, otherwise no, walmart would see your normal date and has to stick to that.

dammnit im stuck with a DX then, unless I use my girlfriends upgrade, get her a new phone and just use it.