Droid X Power Cycling & Screen Issues

K

kathyt

I am up to my 3rd droid X since March. I bought one from Amazon Wireless in March and a week after the 30 day return period the backlight stopped working. I called Verizon and they sent me a refurbished droid. Once I got it, it basically started power cycling. I don't have many apps on my phone other then task killer, facebook, yahoo mail, amazon app store, angry birds (with apps I got in the droid market) and angry birds rio which i got free through amazon apps. Plus the phone was running really hot as i was installing apps. I had tried a few factory resets and it only made things worse.

I called Verizon and they just sent me another refurbished Droid X. I installed facebook, yahoo mail and amazon app store. After reading posts on this forum, I read that task killer could be the problem so I haven't installed that at all.

The phone is still power cycling randomly. I read somewhere that if you don't use motorola chargers that may cause power cycling. I have been using a combo of the charger that came in the original box and my old lg dare cord (which fits). Could that be my reason it's power cycling? I really am getting tired of this phone.

Last night I tried to program the alarm clock. i open the app drawer, touch the app and when i try to modify the alarm, the screen goes back to my home screen. Today I was trying to access an email on yahoo mail and when I would touch the email again the email acts like it's going to open but then goes back to the main screen for the inbox.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
sorry to hear the issue. oh btw welcome to the forum. I have both the D2G and DX. I know where ur going with this because my X had similar issues and immediately I returned it to VZW. on my 3rd X I specifically told my personal rep not order a refurbish if not give something very compatible. thats the problems with refurbished phones, its really never" out of the box". anyway my final X was trouble free.
as far as cord, I use the charger on my Global and the X and no issues. some say they have problems but im ok. I can see if its cheap chargers like those from radio shack then I say ya don't use it. try using the one that only came with the X. as far as over heating, most likely the apps are not shutting properly. u may also wanna clear cache. the final option, root. I say final option because root may/may not solve all issues.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
K

kathyt

My first droid had no issues with the lg charger so I don't really think it's the charger. I am not savvy enough to try to root the phone (just saw what that was in another forum post on here). I would definitely turn it into a brick. I think I am just going call the customer service rep I have been dealing with and tell her that I want something comparable. I had already voiced to her I would try it and if not I wanted something else.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I would def take it back and get something u can really work with. IMO u really don't have to be tech saavy to customize ur phone. There many other ways to customize ur phone w/o rooth method. Well I hope u find something comparable for ur needs.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA