Droid x or incredible???

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nicmac77, Nov 11, 2010.

1. nicmac77

nicmac77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the original Droid, and my husband and I can upgrade. He wants an X, I want an Incredible...I think. I don't want to envious of his X, LOL!!!! BTW - can't WAIT to get rid of the physical keyboard!
    What say you??

2. jloya

jloya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my x :) my friend loves his incredible....

they bought have there advantages...in the end its up to you

honestly after a 4.3 inch screen theres no way im going back lol

3. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the Incredible and swapped it for the X.

I wouldnt go back from the X, but thats me. I think Motorola makes a better device.

Its all personal preference, go into the store and play with both, get what you like.

4. droiddict

droiddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just traded from Droid1 to DroidX today. I do like the X. I picked it over the others because it seemed like the closest match to the D1 experience. What I have set up today is pretty much what I had with a better screen, no physical keyboard and faster processor. The screen is just lovely to read on and it moves better than the D1. Everything transferred pretty well due to Google. I opted NOT to let it sync to Verizon's backup which I think was a good idea. Google backup had all of my contacts and many settings.

I'm really happy that I didn't go for anything other than Moto because I liked the Droid1

One thing I'm not happy about is sync with Picasa. I set that up but it doesn't show my Picasa folders like the D1 did. It uploads way fast though.

5. mcgriff

mcgriff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went in to the store expecting to buy 2 X's and walked out with a Droid 2 and an Incredible. Wife likes the keyboard on the 2 and I love everything about the Incredible. Price was right too.

The size of the X is kinda win/lose. It really is a big phone. Given that the Incredible is still very much relevant after these many many months (eternity in cell phone shelf life) says a lot about its initial design. I say try the Inc and if you have doubts swap it out within 30 days.

6. Michlo

Michlo Member

Originally Wallasey, UK now Los Angeles, CA
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Incredible and changed to the X the next day. You can't beat having all that extra space to play with on touch screen 'phones.

Apart from that there are other OS advantages.

Take a look at the comparison lists on the web (such as this one: Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid X v. Droid Incredible Comparisons) and then just go view them both in the store to be sure.

7. draneo

draneo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just chiming in to say I love my Dx!

This is my first real phone coming from a flip style. I have played with the Dinc, but I just love the Dx screen space. If I were just using it as a phone it would be oversized, but I do other stuff and at my age I like a big screen!

Sent from my Droid X

8. rweddy1

rweddy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One huge difference between dinc & x is moto has locked bootloader so if you are someone who likes to customize dinc is the way to go.

9. psychicdroid

psychicdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't recommend the Incredible. I just bought my kids 3 of them and I'm sorry I did. I'm trying right now to return them without the $35 restocking fee. The battery is horrible. We took a 2 hour bus ride friday for a football game. Their phones didn't even last the 2 hour ride there let alone back, and this was with the phones being turned off all day until we left. One was just texting, not even doing anything big like watching videos or streaming music. The other issue I have is the signal. My D1 has 4 bars inside the house, their phones usually only have 1 bar. I think this issue is also contributing to lack of battery life on a phone that already has short battery life in the ifrst place.

They like the phone itself, but the lack of battery life and signal don't make for a fun phone.

10. Prayer

Prayer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The droid x is awesome! Best phone I have ever had

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

11. efh7557

efh7557 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Neither - Fascinate all the way!

12. mdowns989