Droid X help please

jeremykill54

Reaction score
I have been checking running services like a mad man force closeing stuff so I can save my battery. Do I even need to do that, should I just let my droid do it's thing??? thank you ahead of time for any feed back

cpjr

Reaction score
Android has built in task management. Your making things worse.

PS- If your that paranoid about battery life, search the forum here there are plenty of "healthy" ways to increase battery life.

PPS- I can get 20+ hours.

triptych

Reaction score
Every time you close something you are wasting battery because your phone has to load it back up.

If the phone needs more memory it can clear up memory faster than your task killer could.
Only time a task killer should be used is if there is a specific reason you want a process terminated. That reason shouldn't be "because it's there".

cpjr

Reaction score
Or buy an extended battery. That would also be a good start.

OP
jeremykill54

jeremykill54

Reaction score
I just got an extended battery. I just was curious to know if I was supposed to be doing that. For some reason I felt I needed to close those things. Do widgets use a lot of battery?? I don't use them, but I would like to if I knew that it would not drain the heck out of my battery life. I don't have battery issues I'm just trying to prevent from having them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Widgets that update using a data connection will use more battery obviously. But if you set them right (like updating every few hours instead of constantly) then its not bad. I use several widgets like that but dont have any battery issues.

PS- Dont be so scared your battery is going to die, to not use the device to its fullest potential ;)

OP
jeremykill54

jeremykill54

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App