Droid X Battery Life

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah not sure, I woudn't count on that. Thing is if they send you one that isn't in the box you are going to have to use the battery you have now. So I guess just don't be alarmed if your led does not turn green when done, cause I get pretty good life and mine does not do that.

reef9

Reaction score
I know.. I will have to see. I cant believe they dont send a new battery first rather than an new phone???

ericejs15

Reaction score
I think facebook has been eating my battery since it syncs all of my contacts! Does anyone know how to make it sync "only existing contacts" ....i tried removing facebook in my accounts to add again but never saw anything about who to sync, it just went to the accounts screen after i logged in.

Also, how are you all setting fbook sync to hourly....etc. I feel like my phone is always pulling data? Id like to set it to a certain timeframe but never see settings for it.

Ralffers

Reaction score
My led light doesn't come on when my X is charging either; I think that's normal, as my phone has worked great since day 1 (got it 07/16).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ralffers

Reaction score
I think facebook has been eating my battery since it syncs all of my contacts! Does anyone know how to make it sync "only existing contacts" ....i tried removing facebook in my accounts to add again but never saw anything about who to sync, it just went to the accounts screen after i logged in.

Also, how are you all setting fbook sync to hourly....etc. I feel like my phone is always pulling data? Id like to set it to a certain timeframe but never see settings for it.

Not sure how to fix your issue with Facebook (There is a way though), but settings pertaining to your DX pulling data are very simple to alter...hit your [hard] menu button>>touch settings>>scroll to battery manager>>and then go to battery profile options>>and in there you'll see data timeout - set it to 15 minutes.

After I did this I could pull 10 hours out of my battery (heavy use), and 15 or thereabout with moderate use.

reef9

Reaction score
Do you use antivirus app? And if so does that drain your battery?

usb

Reaction score
First Day with FROYO!

First Day with FROYO!
Here's my usage.

IMG_0419.JPG

and

IMG_0420.JPG

Would this be considered normal?
I've had overheating battery problems in the past.
But Froyo is wicked fasttt!

ffmariners

Reaction score
I'm @ 15% battery life left, 35 hours of usage.

In that 35 hours, I have:

- Used Bluetooth/Pandora to hook up to Ford sync for 2-3 hours (multiple commutes)
- Did the 2.2 OTA update
- Received/sent 30+ text messages/gtalks
- Received/Read 10-20 Gmail emails
- Made a few short <5 minute phone calls
- Downloaded/Installed ~5 apps from the market
- Played around on Buzz for a total of an hour
- Messed around on Facebook for a total of 30 minutes
- Read random blogs and wikipedia articles for a total of 30 minutes
- Other miscellaneous stuff like just playing around with settings since its still new

reef9

Reaction score

- Used Bluetooth/Pandora to hook up to Ford sync for 2-3 hours (multiple commutes)
- Did the 2.2 OTA update
- Other miscellaneous stuff like just playing around with settings since its still new

See thats the stuff Im talking about! Thats just awesome.

thanks for this update.. lets us know that DX does have a great battery!

reef9

Reaction score
Heres a quick update to my situation.

I still have not received my NEW exchange phone that VW is sending me. But I still wanted to update on it. We all new the 2.2 update that just got released yesterday. Well, I have tried to download it the 2 different ways that VW help page says to do and no luck. I cannot get an update when I go to "about phone > search updates" its comes up saying "try again later" Its been doing that all day yesterday and today. I also tried it on the wifi network, still no luck.

It does appear to me that my phone is defective like VW said it is.

Any thoughts?

alboboy10

Reaction score

- Did the 2.2 OTA update

ok...people that post things like this I just can't believe it. My phone wouldn't go 35 hours not even with light use. Let alone doing all of that stuff. And I consider my battery good.

ffmariners

Reaction score

- Did the 2.2 OTA update

ok...people that post things like this I just can't believe it. My phone wouldn't go 35 hours not even with light use. Let alone doing all of that stuff. And I consider my battery good.

Went to sleep around 4am and just woke up at 1030am. Phone was in airplane mode.

Still @ 10%, but now I am at 43 hours.

By no means am I a power user, though. As I detailed above, that is pretty moderate usage I think.

I'm not rooted, otherwise I would take a screenshot. I have battery indicator, so it is in my notifications "10, Unplugged for 43 hours" which matches up with when I unplugged it at work 2 days ago. No matter what I do, though, you won't believe me because the system battery stats (with the %'s of whats using the battery) was reset with the OTA update I did last night.

Last edited:

usb

Reaction score
For those of you getting 35 hr+ battery life could you post how long your display is on?

alboboy10

Reaction score

- Did the 2.2 OTA update

Went to sleep around 4am and just woke up at 1030am. Phone was in airplane mode.

Still @ 10%, but now I am at 43 hours.

By no means am I a power user, though. As I detailed above, that is pretty moderate usage I think.

I'm not rooted, otherwise I would take a screenshot. I have battery indicator, so it is in my notifications "10, Unplugged for 43 hours" which matches up with when I unplugged it at work 2 days ago. No matter what I do, though, you won't believe me because the system battery stats (with the %'s of whats using the battery) was reset with the OTA update I did last night.

My phone will never go 43 hours with that much usage. I text a lot throughout the day...There's times where I sent hundreds of texts a day I wonder if that and the vibration kill the battery that bad.