Droid X battery dropping to 90% quickly after charge

ch0chi

Reaction score
Hey all! I recently got a droid and have been having troubles with the battery life. I'll take it off the charger and not 20-30minutes later of absolutley no use the droid will descend down to 90% battery life. Shortly after that it slowly starts to descend into the god forsaken complete loss of charge... Which generally takes 6 hours of no use.

Anyway I've literally done everything to help my battery. I've read numerous forums on "saving battery life" etc... and to no avail.

All help will be much appreciated!

Edit: I've done the following:
1. got rid of task killer
2. set to battery mode
3. gotten rid of apps
4. screen brightness down
5. wifi sleep policy set to never
6. Many other things that I can't think of.

Last edited:

doonuts

Reaction score
Do you have an extended battery or a stock one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

doonuts

Reaction score
From reading these forums I've heard of some people having the same problem with a new battery. They have taken it in to the dealer and gotten a replacement free of charge. It sounds like you have done everything else to help eliminate the problem so I would try to get a replacement. Couldn't just be a bad one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Panic you should not.

90% just means less than 100%.

The stock Droid X battery indicator reports battery levels in 10% increments. As soon as the battery drops even one percent it will read 90%.

Of course that doesn't explain the rapid drop afterwards. Could be a bad battery, but go ahead and read this link if you haven't already.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ife-youve-got-questions-weve-got-answers.html

Last edited:

qman66

Reaction score
no 90% doesnt mean less than 100. it means 81-90. i have the same problem doesnt stay at 100 very long

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If its doing that with no use, something is DEF wrong! What does your phone say is draining it? Wouldn't WiFi sleep set to never mean that its always on?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Freezetron

Reaction score
My week old Droid X did the same thing tonight after checking some websites and I was like, WTF, the battery life on this thing can't suck this much! What else can I do/run to extend battery life on this thing?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
no 90% doesnt mean less than 100. it means 81-90. i have the same problem doesnt stay at 100 very long

Hmm, I'll have to go back and recheck. Hate it when I get my facts wrong, especially when I end up spreading the mistake.

Thanks

stock28

Reaction score
I too thought 90 meant less than 100 as in 99% would show as 90%. If this is not the case could someone direct me to where I can read this. I have a battery meter installed which also reads in 10% increments and the app states that 90% is between 90-100%.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I recently got a droid and have been having troubles with the battery life. I'll take it off the charger and not 20-30minutes later of absolutley no use the droid will descend down to 90% battery life. Shortly after that it slowly starts to descend into the god forsaken complete loss of charge... Which generally takes 6 hours of no use.

Anyway I've literally done everything to help my battery. I've read numerous forums on "saving battery life" etc... and to no avail.

All help will be much appreciated!

Edit: I've done the following:
1. got rid of task killer
2. set to battery mode
3. gotten rid of apps
4. screen brightness down
5. wifi sleep policy set to never
6. Many other things that I can't think of.

It drops in 10% increments due to any change of charge. This means your battery can be used for 5 minutes and drop 1-2% and it will read as 10%. You have to have some serious background apps running to have your phone drop a full 10% that quickly.

If it was a bad battery it would drop to 80% as quick as it dropped to 90%. JMO.

I quit looking at mine so much and am much happier now;)

Last edited: