Battery drops to 90% quickly then runs as expected...

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
As the title states my battery, after a full charge, shows a drop to 90% life left after about 1 hour of moderate or no use (i.e., idle for around an hour). Then the battery discharge rate appears to be as expected from there on. And to be honest overall it seems the battery discharge rate from beginning to end, regardless of the 'quick show' of 10% loss, seems to be as expected.

I have tried a couple of complete battery drains, recharging shortly after the 'quick drop' in battery juice...and of course even after a typical discharge down to 15-25%....before recharging.

No change.

Have I caused this somehow? Or is this a possible bug that may get fixed with an update??

Any thoughts, advice, etc. will be appreciated.

BusinessTroll

Reaction score
Yeah same thing happens to me every single morning. I wondered about it to actually. I'd like to say its a bug that will be fixed with the update.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Same here. I have noticed that from day one. I was concerned at first, but it doesn't drain very fast after the 90%. I'm fine with it. Maybe it will get fixed with the update, whenever we get it, right.

You have been Tapatalked...

portermac

Reaction score
90% just means its in the nineties. So 99 98 97 and so on. Get circle widget if you want to see 1% increments.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lotzakritters

Reaction score
90% just means its in the nineties. So 99 98 97 and so on. Get circle widget if you want to see 1% increments.

That's what I use. Works perfect. Good call

You have been Tapatalked...

OP
DaddysDroid

DaddysDroid

Reaction score

OK thanks. Will check it out. It's just my D1 did not seem to behave this way.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rygaul44

Reaction score
the battery goes as following for the Droid 3, 100-95% is considered 100%, 94-85% is considered 90% 84-75% is considered 80% and so forth, the Droid 3 tracks battery usage by fives, that is why there is a faster drop from 100 to 90% because it is only half the size of 90%

NoBloatware

Reaction score
A bit off topic but I wanted to mention that there appears to be a randomly occurring bug with the D3's battery meter. Meter will drop approximately 50% over the course of a couple of hours. I've seen this twice myself. Phone can still be used for a long time (battery charge is there). I believe that this will be fixed with the update but I could be wrong.

OP
DaddysDroid

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the responses gang...very informative....makes the forum worthwhile.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

babyface

Reaction score
Droid 3 battery dies fast! read just in case ...

Ok, don't get all worked up but I was told when you buy new phones today, what most people don't know is the battery itself is just as smart! You must charge your phone for the first time when its brand new until its completely charged. People like me get soo excited about having a new phone especially a GOOD phone like the Droid 3, you want to play around with it when its been on the charger for only an hr or 2 half way charged...and now the tricky part is when you charge your phone again its going to say its 100% full but really its trained to charge what it did for the first time. Soo im guessing to leave it on for another 2hrs to see how it works but im not so sure if it will last longer or damage your battery! Hope this could help you - BTW please check out my videos on youtube! (Streightttraww) thanks

Snow02

Reaction score
According to the standard discharge curve, they're supposed to drop about 10% quickly, then more slowly after that.

dischargechemistry.gif