Droid x and AAC files

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
going through trying to clean up my itunes library so i can add it all to my new droid on Thursday and wasn't sure if the droid will be able to play AAC files. I am new to android so if this is a no brainer sorry.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
going through trying to clean up my itunes library so i can add it all to my new droid on Thursday and wasn't sure if the droid will be able to play AAC files. I am new to android so if this is a no brainer sorry.

Should play AAC files with no problem. Provided they are not DRM protected.

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score

Should play AAC files with no problem. Provided they are not DRM protected.

Two questions:

1) My iTunes library list shows the songs are AAC... how do I know if they are DRM protected, or not?

2) Assuming the songs are AAC and not DRM protected...how do I actually transfer the songs onto the Droid?

Thanks!
Cindi

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IiTunes right click on the song in iTunes it will say song info or something like that. It will tell you in the description if its protected.

You can get them on your Droid by using either media manager or double twist. You can also just drag and drop them on the SD card. You'll have to mount your droid to your computer first.

duffyanneal

Reaction score
If you sort by Kind in iTunes you'll see the "Protected AAC audio file".

KenniB

Reaction score
If you sort by Kind in iTunes you'll see the "Protected AAC audio file".

This helped me ALOT! Most of my songs aren't protected. I was gonna purchase a DRM removal software. I may not with so many tracks in my iTunes being MP3 or "purchased AAC". Saves me 30 bucks!

Thanks!

Balthazar B

Reaction score
...and you don't expect gapless playback.[/QUOTE]

No gapless playback on the DX?[/QUOTE]

Nope. IMHO, the feature I miss most as I switch from an iPhone.

Now, it's not rocket science building an app to do gapless playback:

• LAME-encoded MP3s have tags anyone could use for gapless;
  • AAC ditto;
  • FLAC natively supports gapless for apps that know what they're doing;
  • And finally, gapless everywhere will be supported as a base OS functionality when Android itself uses the now-current OpenCORE.