Gave up on DoubleTwist

ronakshah2000

Reaction score
First post, and reposting what I wrote on the DoubleTwist forums:

So I gave DT a shot with my Droid X and ultimately gave up and moved to Windows Media Player. It was a painful transition from iTunes / iPhone, and here are some comments:

1. I gave up on DT because the sync duration was just incredibly long. 10 hours and I only transferred about 15 gigs of my music. That said, the transfer did work, it was just too slow.

2. I liked DoubleTwist's iTunes-like UI, and the auto-sync to iTunes.

3. A large portion of my music was in AAC format, so I had a heck of a time converting these to MP3. One Google search solved the problem for me. You can do it within iTunes with a couple settings, select all and Convert to MP3 so it wasn't impossible. I woudl have had to do this anyways as I don't think Android would play an AAC file.

4. WMP sync is in process right now, and appears to be operating at full speed (2 gigs finished in about 20 minutes).

A darn shame as I wished it would have worked. I am not enjoying WMP at all. Good luck and maybe I'll try again in a few months once DT figures things out.

As an overall commentary, I love Verizon and how my droid works as a phone. I drove for 3 hours in rural Illinois and never dropped a call. In nearly every other way I miss my iPhone 4, which I returned after a week.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First post, and reposting what I wrote on the DoubleTwist forums:

So I gave DT a shot with my Droid X and ultimately gave up and moved to Windows Media Player. It was a painful transition from iTunes / iPhone, and here are some comments:

1. I gave up on DT because the sync duration was just incredibly long. 10 hours and I only transferred about 15 gigs of my music. That said, the transfer did work, it was just too slow.

2. I liked DoubleTwist's iTunes-like UI, and the auto-sync to iTunes.

3. A large portion of my music was in AAC format, so I had a heck of a time converting these to MP3. One Google search solved the problem for me. You can do it within iTunes with a couple settings, select all and Convert to MP3 so it wasn't impossible. I woudl have had to do this anyways as I don't think Android would play an AAC file.

4. WMP sync is in process right now, and appears to be operating at full speed (2 gigs finished in about 20 minutes).

A darn shame as I wished it would have worked. I am not enjoying WMP at all. Good luck and maybe I'll try again in a few months once DT figures things out.

As an overall commentary, I love Verizon and how my droid works as a phone. I drove for 3 hours in rural Illinois and never dropped a call. In nearly every other way I miss my iPhone 4, which I returned after a week.

It works much better if you use iTunes and a Mac. I think there is a new version of it now too.

RJS5689

Reaction score
Are you using a Mac or PC? I'm using a Mac and realized Double Twist is just plain AWFUL! I'm now using The Missing Sync for Android and it works so well!

imronburgundy

Reaction score
I use doubletwist with a macbook pro. Works great. I haven't tried to move 15 gigs of music at once yet, but when moving just one gig, only took like 5-10 minutes. Now just waiting for podcast support!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

serveitup911

Reaction score
Just use isyncr from the market. It's the best by far!
Droid does play AAC files; tons of my songs are AAC.

Eschy

Reaction score
i noticed the pc program for it seems to be written poorly. It crashes a lot then again it could just be that i am using vista :(.

Eolly

Reaction score
Just use isyncr from the market. It's the best by far!
Droid does play AAC files; tons of my songs are AAC.
This^

I tried all the various ones and isyncr was by far the best I found.
You are still able to use itunes and such without having to start another program just to sync your files.

I think with the android system what is lacking is a universal be all end all player. With Iphone it was itunes, with crackberry the built in player along with the media sync program was awesome. Android has so many options and people will try to convince you everyone is better than the other.

That said isyncr really isnt a player on your phone just a app to sync your media like itunes would.