Droid X Activation Issue - Wirefly

ardieilardi

Reaction score
I have the same problem

I purchased a Droid Incredible for my son from Wirefly. i had used them before with no problem, but now there seems to be a problem with activating the phone.
In the past i have received a new phone and forwarded the number and activated it myself. Now apparently you can no longer do that.
The problem is I have the phone and they have told me that I have to wait until
the old one stops working before I can activate the new one.
Think about that for a moment. They want you to walk around waiting for your phone to stop working while your out and about.
Really. What wizkid thought that up. What is my son supposed to do carry 2 phones on campus and wait and see what happens.
I called Customer service twice. the first time they told me it was in the process of being activated. The second time they told me they couldn't activate it or complete my order because they didn't have all my info. i told them I had the phone in my hands and if they didn't have all the info or completed my order why did they send me the phone and charge my credit card.
They said it will take 24 to 48 hours to activate the phone. I'll give them till tomorrow afternoon then I'm sending it back and they can kiss my ass and any future business good bye.

i91crxsi

Reaction score
heh, why in the world would you goto a website such as wirefly? have you read there terms and agreement? plus you are ordering something that might not be brand new? and you've heard about how awesome there customer service is?

No wonder people think Americans are idiots.....

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok...I'm goint to throw this question in here. My dad has had issues with wirefly as well. I have went on best buy and wirefly's websites and I can actually upgrade through them. It will actually let me complete my order. However, I am afraid to complete one because I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January through Verizon. How does this work. Am I going to be charged a bunch of fees...I just dont want to upgrade through best buy or Wirefly if it's going to screw me in the long run.....any help would be awesome....thanks in advance...

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I purchased a Droid Incredible for my son from Wirefly. i had used them before with no problem, but now there seems to be a problem with activating the phone.
In the past i have received a new phone and forwarded the number and activated it myself. Now apparently you can no longer do that.
The problem is I have the phone and they have told me that I have to wait until
the old one stops working before I can activate the new one.
Think about that for a moment. They want you to walk around waiting for your phone to stop working while your out and about.
Really. What wizkid thought that up. What is my son supposed to do carry 2 phones on campus and wait and see what happens.
I called Customer service twice. the first time they told me it was in the process of being activated. The second time they told me they couldn't activate it or complete my order because they didn't have all my info. i told them I had the phone in my hands and if they didn't have all the info or completed my order why did they send me the phone and charge my credit card.
They said it will take 24 to 48 hours to activate the phone. I'll give them till tomorrow afternoon then I'm sending it back and they can kiss my ass and any future business good bye.

They said the same thing when I got mine and also thought it was a bit dumb. I was able to activate within a few hours though. The reason for the delay is that they have to send the request through verizon. The only reason that I bought from wirefly was that I ordered my X within an hour of release on Verizons site and they pushed my order off becuase it took them 11 hours to process my payment. Canceled my order and ordered from Wirefly. $20 cheaper and I had the phone at my door within 10 hours of my order. By the time the battery had the recommended charge I was able to activate.

Wirefly

Reaction score
I am having issues getting my phone activated to, what did you do to get it activated so fast?

PM me your order number and I will have your order reviewed by our Activations Manager to get this resolved for you. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.

R2Dtard

Reaction score
Not only did my phone take longer to arrive than it was supposed to I still can't activate it. Inconvenient to say the least.....

Wirefly

Reaction score
Not only did my phone take longer to arrive than it was supposed to I still can't activate it. Inconvenient to say the least.....

R2Dtard - I'm sorry to hear you had issues with activating your device, I can definitely see how that would inconvenience you. Please email us your order number to [email protected] so we can look into your order and address any issues that may have caused this delay.

Thanks,
Paola