Droid X Activation Issue - Wirefly

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by hsd31, Jul 22, 2010.

1. hsd31

hsd31 New Member

Bought a Driod X from Wirefly that came in a few days ago and I've still not been able to Activate it. My wife has the same problem with her Droid Incredible. Anybody else having issues activating with Verizon in general or specifically if bought from Wirefly?

It calls the activation number and asks me to enter the phone number that I am trying to activate and then says that it cannot find that number. I saw the forums that others had problems with activation of phone bought from Wirefly, but looks like the error that Verizon gives me during activation is different. Anyone else encountered it?

I called their support and they ask me to wait 24 hrs. Looks like a standard scripted reply. I am just thinking of returning the phones and getting one from the Verizon store. At least there is someone there to answer the questions.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

im not sure about wirefly, but if your having some activation issues just go to the Vz store, im sure they will be happy to help you. :) i am not sure about my next idea either but i think bestbuy also has a phone guy that probly does activations and such all day. (he could be helpful as well as Vz)
  3. Black-Falcon

Black-Falcon New Member

I just bought a Droid X from Wirefly and it activated fine for me. Maybe try and login to your MyVerizon account and upgrade (change) your phone in there?

That's what I had to do, but we're on a business account...not sure if that matters?

Try calling Verizon Customer support maybe? (If you have another phone available that is)
  4. hsd31

hsd31 New Member

the problem is that wirefly order contains a flyer that specifically tells you to not go/call verizon for any issues with activation and asks that you call the wirefly customer support. It say that calling verizon will further delay your activation. Anybody have luck with calling verizon directly after ordering from wirefly.
    @black-falcon: I am a new verizon customer, so I don' think I will have access to the MyVerzion account yet.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. Black-Falcon

Black-Falcon New Member

Oh alright, if you activated your service with wirefly it may not have propagated into Verizon's Systems yet...

Unfortunately you may just have to wait another 24 hours :\
  6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

looks like my advise is out... Maybe you should call wirefly during buisness hours tomorrow then? on a different phone of course. lol. You might not have to wait a full 24 hours but maybe falcon is right, it may not be in the system yet. i hope you get it sorted out, droid x looks pretty bada$$.
  7. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

This should not have happened, and we are working on this issue for you now. You should get a call from one of the activations representatives shortly. I took your order to the manager and he said he would get this resolved for you today.
  8. hsd31

hsd31 New Member

Thanks Wirefly

@Wirefly: Thanks for all the help. Both my phone were successfully activated and ported. You have been a great help. Truly appreciate it.
  9. devinrs42

devinrs42 New Member

I am having issues getting my phone activated to, what did you do to get it activated so fast?
  10. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

How long age did you recieve it? I was able to activate mine within 12 hours of getting it from wirefly.
  11. devinrs42

devinrs42 New Member

i got it about 7 hours ago, two phones, one activated and one did not
  12. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

You may have to wait until tomorrow on that one. I believe it says not to activate for at least 24 hours upon receiving. Wirefly has to send the request to Verizon and then they have to put it into the system. You should be good by tomorrow.
  13. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

PM us your order number and we will see what we can do to assist you with your activation.
  14. Bx Ozzy

Bx Ozzy New Member

I am trying to shop on Wirefly as well, and every plan keeps giving me the pay per use data plan, I don't know how to change it, do any of you know? And which do you think would be the best.
  15. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

I just took a look and the data package options are on the second page after you select the phone and calling plan. Just below the accessories you will see the data options. I only see the 2 unlimited plans offered. If your not seeing these options then maybe its due to your location. Try a different zip. If still not there try calling them. I ended up ordering mine over the phone. Just be aware with them that you are signing an additional contract with them saying that you will maintain use of that phone and you will not reduce your plan for 6 months. Not really a big deal, but fyi.
  16. ardieilardi

ardieilardi New Member

I have the same problem

I purchased a Droid Incredible for my son from Wirefly. i had used them before with no problem, but now there seems to be a problem with activating the phone.
    In the past i have received a new phone and forwarded the number and activated it myself. Now apparently you can no longer do that.
    The problem is I have the phone and they have told me that I have to wait until
    the old one stops working before I can activate the new one.
    Think about that for a moment. They want you to walk around waiting for your phone to stop working while your out and about.
    Really. What wizkid thought that up. What is my son supposed to do carry 2 phones on campus and wait and see what happens.
    I called Customer service twice. the first time they told me it was in the process of being activated. The second time they told me they couldn't activate it or complete my order because they didn't have all my info. i told them I had the phone in my hands and if they didn't have all the info or completed my order why did they send me the phone and charge my credit card.
    They said it will take 24 to 48 hours to activate the phone. I'll give them till tomorrow afternoon then I'm sending it back and they can kiss my ass and any future business good bye.
  17. i91crxsi

i91crxsi New Member

heh, why in the world would you goto a website such as wirefly? have you read there terms and agreement? plus you are ordering something that might not be brand new? and you've heard about how awesome there customer service is?

No wonder people think Americans are idiots.....
  18. Wadman

Wadman Member

Ok...I'm goint to throw this question in here. My dad has had issues with wirefly as well. I have went on best buy and wirefly's websites and I can actually upgrade through them. It will actually let me complete my order. However, I am afraid to complete one because I'm not eligible for an upgrade until January through Verizon. How does this work. Am I going to be charged a bunch of fees...I just dont want to upgrade through best buy or Wirefly if it's going to screw me in the long run.....any help would be awesome....thanks in advance...
  19. demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313 New Member

They said the same thing when I got mine and also thought it was a bit dumb. I was able to activate within a few hours though. The reason for the delay is that they have to send the request through verizon. The only reason that I bought from wirefly was that I ordered my X within an hour of release on Verizons site and they pushed my order off becuase it took them 11 hours to process my payment. Canceled my order and ordered from Wirefly. $20 cheaper and I had the phone at my door within 10 hours of my order. By the time the battery had the recommended charge I was able to activate.
  20. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

PM me your order number and I will have your order reviewed by our Activations Manager to get this resolved for you. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.
Search tags for this page
activate wirefly
activation on verizon phone asks me the number im calling ab
cant activate wirefly phone

droid x activation code

how to activate phone from wirefly
verizon activation problem droid x2
will i have problems getting my verizon phone activated if i
wirefly any problems
wirefly verizon activation
wirefly verizon issues