Droid X 2.2 Rooting A to Z

skdroidx

Reaction score
no...it connects fine and my 3g mobile hotspot connects fine(i dont have it activated ...but other devices pick it up) it is just the wireless tether that is having problems....thought maybe at first my phone wasnt rooted correctly but everthing other than that works good

skdroidx

Reaction score
tried to connect to ps3 and it says access point not detected ....and researching on here was told the ps3 would not connect but my friends evo does....and it will also pick up my wireless hotspot but not wireless tether

OP
scubieman

scubieman

Reaction score
skdroidx I have same issue with my droidx and wifi tether. Connecting isn't such a issue but the stupid connection gives out and stops tethering data. Unsure of fix but I never really needed it to work . If you find someone let me know. I tried different tether apps and different version of wifi tether versions.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Did you uninstall or just install over the newer one? If you just installed over it, some data might not have cleared out. Try uninstalling it, reinstalling it, etc. Are you broadcasting on a channel that's already polluted?

Finally, are you ROM'd or running rooted stock?

skdroidx

Reaction score
i did uninstall the previous before installing the new one...not sure what u mean by polluted channel....and not sure about romed or rooted stock....that is where i thought the problem may be....all i have done was root the phone and install wireless tether....am i missing a download or something....that is literally all i have done.....sorry...i am new at this..i thought everything was installed that i needed when i rooted the phone and used superusers

boozae2280

Reaction score
I currently have the original motorola droid and it's rooted running on 2.2... It started having some systems errors the other day and i need to un-root it to be able to take it in to Verizon and advice on how to un-root

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum. You really shouldn't have posted here, but I'll try to help you out.

If it's going back for service you'll want to do three things. 1, make backups of everything you can on both the SD card and your computer. 2, make sure your contacts and apps are backed up with Google. 3, flash a stock SBF file back on to unroot and wipe out all your personal data.