Buying a Droid X tomorrow... getting all files ready for rooting, etc...

bd1212

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying a Droid X tomorrow and I plan on rooting it, installing a custom ROM, installing a custom theme, and lowering the voltage to maximize battery life as soon as I get the phone in my hands.

Since I want to have all this done in under 10 hours, I've already downloaded the custom ROM I plan on flashing and the custom theme I plan on flashing over the ROM, but there's one problem... I don't know how to root the DX once I get it?

Which one-click-root application should I use? SuperOneClick Root?

Also, can anyone link me to the SBF file and a link to the program to flash SBF files onto a DX? I need this just in case I mess something up.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
For rooting I suggest using "z4root" from the market. Its free and works better than some 1 click programs and is just easier. Its also free and was made by a member of XDA.

For SBF related things just use Google. But make sure that you use the right one for your system version.

When you first get your phone go to Settings>About Phone>Check for updates. That way if you aren't on 2.2 you can upgrade right then.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App