Droid X root!

ryantbdm

Reaction score
The Droid X has been rooted! Today is a great day! So now that we have root, now comes the hackss ;) Is there any word on being able to flash custom recoveries and ROMs yet? Or even... overclocking?! I know it seems crazy, already running at 1Ghz but hell, give it a shot!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
While root has been achieved, that in itself will not allow you to flash custom ROM's to to the excrypted bootloader.

As for OC'ing, one might be able to adjust kernal parameters of the one in use, but for the same reason above, you won't yet be able to flash one to OC.

But it's a start.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the droid X is already at 1Ghz isnt it?

OP
R

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Yea, I knew about the bootloader. I was just curious as to if anone has been able to work past it or remove it completely.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yea, I knew about the bootloader. I was just curious as to if anone has been able to work past it or remove it completely.

Considering root access was attained in the last day, I will guess that no one has worked past the bootloader, since that in itself will be news(at least it will to our little community). Rest assured that people are working on it though.

OP
R

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Yea, makes sense. I was just curious. I don't even have a Droid X but if we can get a workaround then I'll be geting one!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
That will take a great deal of time, if at all.

Yes, the chip is at 1Ghz already. Factor in that one could push it another 10-20% and you would have nice time.

Untill the bootloader issue is worked around and someone can get a kernal on it, no one will yet know HOW the X MAY respond to OC'ing (Heat, etc.)

It's going to be a while if at all for that.

I said it's a great start because, with no offence to our EU members, I don't believe there had been an imperative for US hackers to try cracking the loader.

I'm not saying that none of them were, I don't know that.

The statement reflects something along the lines of "Well it isn't a phone I'll use here, so why bother?"

Now we in the US will be faced with it, it now becomes an imperative. :)

OP
R

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Oh yea, understandable. I wish I had an X so I can work on it myself. :p

FSRBIKER

Reaction score

Birdman is now working on trying to overclock the DroidX. If you really want to help buy Birdman a beer with a donation, I don't think he has slept much in the past several days.