Droid won't ring!

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
I'm running the latest 2.2, and all of a sudden I've noticed that on incoming calls my ringtone is not working. The volume is on, I've tried various ringtones (both custom and stock), and I've tried turning off and on and removing the battery. Any ideas? This is so frustrating!

Essy

Reaction score
Phone won't ring

Did you ever find the solution to your problem? My X is doing the same thing! Took it to the Verizon store and they can't figure it out! HELP!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find the solution to your problem? My X is doing the same thing! Took it to the Verizon store and they can't figure it out! HELP!!!!!

It be helpful to know what they tried to do at the Verizon Store.

Did you go to your settings and make sure your have your sounds adjusted properly? I can't believe the Verizon store….well maybe I can….would just send you home and say I don't know what's wrong without giving you another phone.

Essy

Reaction score
Phone won't ring

Yes, I've tried everything! I think! They said that a hard reboot might fix it. Then one of the other sales people said that 2.2 would fix it. And I'm still waiting for that. I love the phone or should I say hand held computer! This is the only problem I have had.
Thank you for your help!

kenbarnum

Reaction score
This sounds like it could be a bad app.
I had a ringer problem (wouldn't stay in vibrate when I needed it to) and it turned out to be Ring Manager Pro...They had not updated (and still have not) to 2.2.
One bad app can make the phone go haywire.
If you have any new apps try removing them and see if its fixed...
then reinstall one by one.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
They said 2.2 would fix your ringtone......Oh Verizon???

Essy

Reaction score
This sounds like it could be a bad app.
I had a ringer problem (wouldn't stay in vibrate when I needed it to) and it turned out to be Ring Manager Pro...They had not updated (and still have not) to 2.2.
One bad app can make the phone go haywire.
If you have any new apps try removing them and see if its fixed...
then reinstall one by one.
This all took place while on vacation in Florida Tuesday. I haven't downloaded any new apps lately. I put a couple on there yesterday, but that was after the fact.

OP
B

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
Well I feel like a complete Doofenshmirtz, but the problem for me was user error. It turns out that the only phone I ever tested calling my phone from was my wife's. Well somehow, in her contact info, she had no ringtone selected, or it said Silent. Once I put it back on the ring tone I wanted her to have, it worked. So there was never anything wrong. i don't know how I switched it to Silent for her only in the first place, but there you go. Check that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I feel like a complete Doofenshmirtz, but the problem for me was user error. It turns out that the only phone I ever tested calling my phone from was my wife's. Well somehow, in her contact info, she had no ringtone selected, or it said Silent. Once I put it back on the ring tone I wanted her to have, it worked. So there was never anything wrong. i don't know how I switched it to Silent for her only in the first place, but there you go. Check that.

ROFLOL….Most people wouldn't have come back in and admitted user error. Your a stand up member for doing that, IMHO.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems like a simple enough mistake, but who would have of thought, thanks for coming back and sharing the solution...I am sure it would help someone else :)

tangtang

Reaction score
My Driod won't ring!

My X would not ring and I took it back to Verizon and they did a hard reboot and it did not fix it. This is my 2 phone and its doing it again and I took all my apps out and the battery and every thing I can think of and nothing works!!! I love my phone Please some one Helpppp!dancedroid

Essy

Reaction score
My X would not ring and I took it back to Verizon and they did a hard reboot and it did not fix it. This is my 2 phone and its doing it again and I took all my apps out and the battery and every thing I can think of and nothing works!!! I love my phone Please some one Helpppp!dancedroid
That doesn't make me feel good at all!