Droid won't ring for ONE contact...

MsKtty89

Reaction score
All notifications and ringtones work, I have no sound issues, but when my husband calls, the phone won't ring. It will still show a missed call, take a voicemail, and the screen will show that he's calling (if I happen to be looking). It will not vibrate, either. This only happens with him, it started late last week.

This is the first issue I've had with the phone since I got it a few months ago, so I guess I consider myself lucky. My husband is on his second phone (dropped the phone a short distance onto carpet and screen went out) and it already had an issue with having NO sound for a few days.

My hubby is currently mobile with the National Guard, so the one person I want to hear calls from, I can't... Help?

I saw threads about the phone failing in general with incoming calls, but couldn't find anything about a single contact issue.

*I want to add, for a little while before this started, my husband's set ringtone wouldn't always work, sometimes it would be the default ringtone. It was a surprise if it would be "his" tone or default.

Last edited:

gatewayad

Reaction score
go to contacts select him tap your menu button (the one with the 4 lines) then select options click on ringtone and change to whatever you like it may have gotten changed to nothing and also make sure incoming calls is not checked to go right to VM

Darkseider

Reaction score
I can't offer help but I can't help but laugh at this post. A few months ago someone else had the SAME problem but instead of their husband it was with their girlfriend. Maybe the phone is trying to tell these people something?

OP
M

MsKtty89

Reaction score
@gatewayad: It goes through the motions of a phone call and does not go straight to voicemail, just no sound. I have changed the ringtone a few times and it just doesn't work.

@Darkseider: That is silly that it happened that way. I wonder why my phone wouldn't want me to talk to my husband, ha ha.

Still no change, only has issues when he calls.

Reaction score
Double check the setting for your contact. There is a send to voicemail option. I bet you checked it by mistake.

OP
M

MsKtty89

Reaction score
Double, triple, and quadruple checked. It is not checked. They do NOT automatically go to voicemail, it will "ring" for a while, then be a missed call and that is when they go to voicemail. It goes through the motions, just doesn't actually make sound.

Reaction score
Double, triple, and quadruple checked. It is not checked. They do NOT automatically go to voicemail, it will "ring" for a while, then be a missed call and that is when they go to voicemail. It goes through the motions, just doesn't actually make sound.

Delete the contact. Then have the party call you. I bet the same phone number is setup for more then one contact.

OP
M

MsKtty89

Reaction score
Okay, I will try when he gets a new phone. Sorry to be slow, I forget to check things on here...

He's getting a new phone sent to him (third phone he's had total) because his sound keeps going out. So he can't call me until then...