Droid VS. N1 for display!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jkwakopo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jkwakopo

jkwakopo Member

Ratings:
    +0

VERY VERY WRONG... Go to Amazon.com and check the price between LCD and LED TV. LED tv will cost you a lot more than your regular 1080p LCD tv ( another reason I couldn't get that beautiful Samsung LED TV 1/2 inch thick and settled with LG 1080P 120hz LCD.. )

The Waiting Game: OLED Cheaper Than LCD By 2016

2. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with your overall sentiment but the Droid has been a solid phone overall despite the problems some have had. As for the iPhone, I have a good relationship with 6 people with iPhones, 4 have had to have them replaced for various reasons, and the other 2 have occasional crashes and reboots. NO phone is perfect. The iPhone is spawned from the same place most other smartphones are, Foxconn, Taiwan.

#14 darreno1, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Don't confuse an LED TV with OLED . LED TV is basically an LCD TV with LED backlight , so instead of having a solid backlight passing through an LCD filter , now it's spitted in areas with LEDs . OLED (organic LED ) is a totally different technology , they are small printed colored LEDs that illuminate creating a pixel themselves , without any LCD filter , they have better contrast and colors than LED TV . As a side-job I offer warranty service for the biggest TV manufacturers so I know how they are made and how to fix them .
    The manufacturing process for OLED is similar with a inkjet printer printing an organic matrix on a surface , small dots of organic matter which illuminates when exposed to an electrical current . This is way cheaper for the manufacturer than any other flat panel technology out there . But being a new technology of course it will sell at a high price , remember when the first LCDs were out , they were selling for 15.000$

4. machineheadg2r

Ratings:
    +0
    HTC is trying to make a name for themselves by pushing all of these phones out. They have the least brand recognition out of any of the smart phone makers and have to fight hard to get market share and street cred. If month after month, you hear of a new HTC phone being the new king of the hill, it gets your attention and you consider trying one. Unfortunately they are cheaping out on displays. Its easy to cheap out on a display because it doesn't show up on spec sheets. Display phones are limited sometimes and you can't always give them a proper test, so you don't notice how ****ty the screen is until you have to use it a while. They are also using a qualcomm processor to boast thier 1000mhz speed over the 550 of the droid, but the arm processor is still superior and easily overclocks way past the 1k mark.

TBH, I never use my physical keyboard and could be lured away from my droid if HTC ever makes a phone that feels on par with my droid or an iphone.

5. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0