LG Plans to Officially Unveil Their Flexible OLED Display Tech Later This Week

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 20, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

The LG flexible OLED display reveal is going to happen a great deal sooner than expected. In fact, according to a press release directly from LG, they will be debuting the technology later this week at the The Society for Information Display annual show in Vancouver, Canada. LG plans to debut a 5-inch unbreakable flexible OLED display at the event.

Samsung has been developing their own version of this remarkable new tech as well, but they have run into some development snags. It will be a remarkable achievement if LG's version of the tech actually beats Samsung to market so quickly. Here's LG's official press release,

2. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

These two South Korean giants are in a very heated battle to see who can get this technology to market first. As awesome as it would be to have a phone with an unbreakable screen, I think I'd have to wait on this when it first becomes available - to make certain they really did get all the bugs worked out before they made it available to us guinea pigs, errr ... I mean customers.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

^^ LOL!

[​IMG]
Search tags for this page

3d camera film developing

flexible display technology

samsung oled flexible, official date