1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung To Showcase Worlds Thinnest AMOLED Display

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jun 5, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Samsung is going to spotlight the worlds thinnest (1.92mm) AMOLED Display at the Society of Information Displays Expo that starts today in Boston. They are also expected to showcase a number of smartphone, tablet and TV displays that incorporate new technologies and high resolutions. Full presser below:

Source: HDTV Mag
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Holy crap...1.92 mm? Does that even classify as a phone or is it just paper now?

Edit: Nevermind. Read it wrong. The DISPLAY is 1.92 mm. I was going to say.....
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Is this part of their flexible display patent? I hope so because a display that thin would be prone to breakage if not. But this could be interesting.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  4. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

I think that is referring to just the display part of the phone. While a phone that thin might be possible someday, we aren't quite there yet. Still, to have the screen get this thin is pretty amazing!
  5. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's why I edited my post. I saw that and I immediately went to search Razr specs on how thin it was. I jumped the gun too early. LOL. I wonder how a screen this thin will impact damage-resistance?