Droid user since march-'10 new to the community and looking to root

Trojan Droid

Reaction score
What's going on fellas? I've been messing with my droid since the day I got it but they claim the grass is greener on the other side so I'm looking forward to join the rooting process. Any help, advice, or guidence will be appreciated greatly

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and here my suggestion.

Anyone wanting to root should read the following links beforehand (I cannot stress this enough). These are the post that helped me learn and understand why I wanted to root to install those nice ROMs, Kernels, & Themes. The poeple that put these together realy know their stuff so read them.

What You Need Know About Rooting
Learning the Lingo
Using RSD Lite to flash an SBF file -- correctly
FRG01B OTA enables a feature to undo custom recovery partitions

After feeling comfortable and still want to root the below post should be use
Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

To Overclock the kernel (if your feeling good)
Overclock 101

After rooting and there are issues with the Droid 1 and need to take it in for repair/replacement use one of these guides to unroot the phone and take off SPRecovery. Both are great guides.
Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only
SBF to root and to unroot

This is good info and my advice is for anyone wanting to root, read, read, read somemore. The last thing anyone wants is an unworkable Droid. Of cource the rescue squad and other droid fourmers are here to help in case you get into trouble.

OP
Trojan Droid

Trojan Droid

Reaction score
Thank you for the links. I will do my homework and research those link and read,read,read. Now it is only baby steps from here so I don't have a $500 paperweight.