Droid update & XBox live connectivity

mattrob618

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!!
I have been playing XBox live for 2 months now off my Droid X via PDAnet & I reacently updated the system software & now for sum reason i cant connect to XBox live anymore... :icon_eek: if any1 knows y this is happening & how to fix it, please let me know.
I appreciate all ideas.

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
Sorry man...but I life on a dead end road & don't have access 2 fast inernet so this was my only way 2 get onto live.

abe7333

Reaction score
and this is why they'll be switching to non unlimited data plans....

You know I played MW2 for two hours with my droid X. And I used 42mb. Thats nothing compared to what I browse. And limited data plans can only be there for 5 years according to FCC and they have to go to a new technology.

abe7333

Reaction score
And what update? I didn't get any?

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
U can update ur system software from 2.1 to 2.2

jloya

Reaction score
maybe try the free wifi tethering app??

or tether your droid to a laptop then connect the laptop to the xbox?

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
What free wifi tethering app is the best? Will my wireless xbox 360 adapter pick it up? Thx 4 the idea

jloya

Reaction score
What free wifi tethering app is the best? Will my wireless xbox 360 adapter pick it up? Thx 4 the idea

the one that I use is just ccalled "wifi tethering" the stock icon is a lil green signal thing....per previous threads and posts your xbox SHOULD be able to pick it up...however just make sure your not texting/calling on the phone

ive heard if you receive a text or pick up the phone you will drop connection

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
+1 for wireless tether on a rooted device and also if you're talking on phone or texting it'll interrupt your 3g connection so = no internet.

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
ya i no, my X isnt rooted but if i get a txt it is interupted, & if i get a call its dropped. I played on XBox live for 2 months with my Droid X & now that i updated from 2.1 to 2.2, my previous method of using PDAnet dose not work anymore for some reason, i will try the wi-fi tether 2nite, hopefully i can get it working. So the wi-fi tethering app will work even tho i did not buy the $20 per month mobile wi-fi hotspot?