Droid update & XBox live connectivity

jloya

Reaction score
My X is not rooted btw

unforutnately you have to be rooted in order for it to work, once your rooted you will not need to pay any extra each month

honestly ive rooted multiple X's and it takes 5 minutes at most

Mitten

Reaction score
Maybe try EasyTether. I haven't tried it so I can't say that it will work for sure.

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
Any chance u culd sent me a link that has detailed steps on how 2 do it? I've seen rumors tthat rooting the X will cause it 2 overheat & break itself? Will it still b under warrenty if I root it? What really is root? Will my fone b the same?
Thank u 4 the info, im rele screwed here

jloya

Reaction score
Any chance u culd sent me a link that has detailed steps on how 2 do it? I've seen rumors tthat rooting the X will cause it 2 overheat & break itself? Will it still b under warrenty if I root it? What really is root? Will my fone b the same?
Thank u 4 the info, im rele screwed here

im lookin for the link i used it was super easy, if anything i get home from work at 5:45 PT and i have no problem sending you the files and walkin you through it on AIM or something

rooting DOES void the warranty, however there are several methods to unroot your phone should you need to send it back

rooting does not change anything on your phone it simply gives you access to things you didnt have access to before ( for theming, changing ROMS, most importantly the Wireless tethering)

I believe the rumors about rooting are all BS but that is just my opinion...I have been rooted since I got my phone and have had no problems and no over heating

however I have heard if you play xbox live via the droid that it will get a bit warmer

try this link : http://alldroid.org/Default.aspx?tabid=40&g=posts&m=9209&#post9209

OP
mattrob618

mattrob618

Reaction score
Thank u so much. I have a battery widget that tells me the temperature so mayb I will keep an eye on that. If I factory reset my fone does it unroot? & do u no of n e programs that I culd bak up all my apps to my sd card? Appreciate the help.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
look up Titanium backup in the android market.

jloya

Reaction score
you can unroot just not via factory reset...youd have to get the program off of the forums to unroot (from what i understand its super easy)

once your rooted you can download titanium back up for all your apps and the ROM manager to back up the current ROM set up