Tethering Xbox 360

mr_silent

Reaction score
How did you tether to PS3? I thought it wouldn't recognize the ad-hoc signal. Any explanation would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

XBLGT Malleus

Reaction score
I see this thread is old but I finally decided to tether my Xbox 360 last night through my rooted DroidX. I also have the Xbox 360 Slim with built in wireless. I was able to play Halo Reach online with ease, in fact I was the host connection. I was even able to watch Netflix it was at the second to lowest resolution which didn't look to bad on a 26" 720p tv. I racked up over 1GB between xbox updates and 4 episodes of bones and one game of halo. Surprisingly the game of Halo racked up the least amount of data. I will be playing Live this way all the time.

I know right? I play Black Ops quite a bit and had several games that only used 6-8 MBs for a whole game. Halo Reach was the same way. I always thought it used more than that. BTW, I'm using Wireless Tether with my 360 Slim. No issues as of yet

How would I go about doing this? I plug mine in and have an MTU error. I don't have a rooted phone. Any idea where i could get info on how to do this? My Internet was disconnected today.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Way bad idea to have an xbox playing a game while in a moving vehicle. If it hits a bump its gonna chainsaw your disk.

Courtdog

Reaction score

XBLGT Malleus

Reaction score
My plan is not to connect to the internet while in a vehicle, let alone driving. My problem is that my home internet connection is down and while I can tether my myTouch4g to my computer, I can't figure out how to share that connection from my computer to my xbox. I read someones post when they did this with windows and one of these apps. (i found easy tether I'm having issues setting it up. Might I add I'm also running Linux exclusively. (Linux Mint) (Debian based with a generic 2.6 kernel).

rhamaxis

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc one max
The wifi adapter for the 360 connects via usb. Why not a phone? Couldnt you make an app for that?

Glitchy00

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
I know this post is old but thought Id go ahead and help anyone who stumbles apon this issue. The easiest way to do this is just use your phone as a hot spot. The only issue is your nat type will be strict and you wont be able to connect to certain games. So you would need to wire your computer to you xbox with internet sharing and it will be open and you will have zero lag. Hope this helps.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I know this post is old but thought Id go ahead and help anyone who stumbles apon this issue. The easiest way to do this is just use your phone as a hot spot. The only issue is your nat type will be strict and you wont be able to connect to certain games. So you would need to wire your computer to you xbox with internet sharing and it will be open and you will have zero lag. Hope this helps.
Zero lag would depend on the server or game being played and phone latency. I see 120 to 150ms pings when I use my phone as a hotspot. My cable is sub 40ms usually.