Droid turbo the next best thing

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
Yes that came off as poorly as I thought... Its just one of the dozens of disadvantages of not having a keyboard. For reference I drive 45 miles one way to work and seldom see another car. Yes everyone get angry at me for twd

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You're not alone Cobra, everyone does it.

Personally I use voice to text if I'm driving, and I try to only do it at red lights. You feel silly at first, but when you get used to it you find how useful it is.

They say voice activation is the future, so might as well get used to it now.

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
Yea I'll try it. Hands free doesn't work out in the country where there's only one intermittent bar. Voice recognition with old rednecks doesn't have a good track record though :D

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You'll be amazed at how accurate it really is, even with an accent. Just don't speak too fast. Also I don't think you need a connection to use voice to text on a keyboard, only when using Google search. Could be wrong there...

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I was just saying I can't talk on the phone in the county hands free. I can do a text though the phone just uses the next available signal. How do I try speech to text on turbo? Droid 4 has a yellow microphone key on the keyboard. Turbo doesn't have a keyboard... (Beginning to see a pattern here)

TheDroidNXus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I was just saying I can't talk on the phone in the county hands free. I can do a text though the phone just uses the next available signal. How do I try speech to text on turbo? Droid 4 has a yellow microphone key on the keyboard. Turbo doesn't have a keyboard... (Beginning to see a pattern here)
On top right of the onscreen keyboard is a mic icon.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah it's on the keyboard, just like your physical one ;)

And you don't have to hold it right to your mouth either, you can keep it in your lap and talk and it detects it just fine. Outsiders will just assume you're singing a song or straight up crazy...

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I just tried to swipe zuckerburg 50 times. Not an exaggeration. And 50 times out of 50 it got it wrong. I stopped on every single letter perfect. Can you guys see if your phones will let you swipe zuckerburg?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have never come across a situation where I wanted to Swipe Schoenberg. (That's what I got btw) LOL
With words like this, you would have to type it in manually then click on his name to add it to your dictionary.

S5 tap'n

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
LOL I love how that's the word you choose to test out Swipe. Fair choice though...

But yeah with names and stuff you usually do have to spell it out, unless you use Swiftkey, which will remember it after a few times and you can just swipe the first few letters. Names are funny though. Auto-predict on Swiftkey always suggests Gaga after I swipe Lady. I don't know if I've ever once texted the words Lady Gaga LOL Do that many people really text about her that it's the default auto-predict word after lady?

Edit: And fun fact, I just tried it, and Zuckerberg actually did come up right away :D This is with Swiftkey Keyboard though and not the default one.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Cocklebur is what I got on swype! Cuxhaven... Divorcer... Cuxhaven... Nope!
Cuxhaven. Seems to like that one. Doesn't grab the z.

Dixiecrat just came up! Lol

That's my new name for liberals! Hahahahahha

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Zuckerberg
First try..... First try at swiping as well.....
Swiftkey

JDH

Reaction score
To text hands free say say your turbo launch phrase and say "send text message to........."
Boom!