Droid turbo the next best thing

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
@ Snake Commander ( :) ) all in fun. ( Flying the Snake ) just to be clear :)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
SwiftKey would be a good alternate keyboard that may help with slow typing issues.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm horrified at that comment. I'm a card carrying member of PETA. People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Everyone knows you have to use Sea Salt on those.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Cobra, I started typing in 1991, but I know exactly what you mean. It's not age, it's habit! One of the best programmers I know is 47 and loves his Razr Maxx. If you could walk to school uphill both ways, you can use an on screen keyboard!

People call me crazy, but I loved my Samsung Rogue. Damn I miss that guy. So when I switched to the Droid Eris, I hated it. Though once I got used to it...I loved it. Then when you get used to Swipe, you'll never look at a keyboard the same way again.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not sure what typing on a typewriter has to do with typing on a 3.8 inch keyboard but I'll play along. I too learned to type back when we had to walk uphill to school both ways. Learning to swipe doesn't take a college degree, just a little practice. You'll quickly learn to love it.

S5 tap'n

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
Its no one here's fault. I just wanted to post to the immortal web how I felt. Maybe 1000 years from now an archeologist will read this in the "ancient" database and know that some cavemen liked their club.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not sure what typing on a typewriter has to do with typing on a 3.8 inch keyboard but I'll play along. I too learned to type back when we had to walk uphill to school both ways. Learning to swipe doesn't take a college degree, just a little practice. You'll quickly learn to love it.

S5 tap'n
You walked to school on a treadmill too??? My parents wouldn't let me in the truck so I walked on the treadmill in the back of the truck while they drove sporadically and tried to make me fall out..

TheDroidNXus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
When my uncle went from the Kindle Keyboard to the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 he had similar issues with giving up the physical keyboard. He said he didn't like the whole touchscreen thing... But he got into the touchscreen after a little time. He also had issues with the graphics as opposed to a monochrome text only interface. But he got used to that too. And he's fairly old... I'd give it a chance. With all the benefits/options like swipe and dictation you may learn to love it even more than your D4... You never know till you give it a try.

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
My wife usually texts me while I'm driving. With keyboard I could type blind folded. I'm not proud I texted while driving. Kids don't try this at home. What I'll do is get a blackberry and just Carey around two phones everywhere

TheDroidNXus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My wife usually texts me while I'm driving. With keyboard I could type blind folded. I'm not proud I texted while driving. Kids don't try this at home. What I'll do is get a blackberry and just Carey around two phones everywhere
Oh... I see... Well we wouldn't want you to have to stop texting while driving... I guess you should get a blackberry then.