Droid turbo the next best thing

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I lost my best friend today. I wanted to talk about it in a forum that might understand. I had the droid 4 since it was new. I wasnt sure about it at first but pulling it out and whipping upen the keyboard came as natural as pulling out my wallet or keys. We went EVERYWHERE together. Interstate travel my little buddy was on the handlebars as GPS and music. I took pictures of two nephews at birth as well as many family events and holidays. The droid 4 was my "old yeller" my companion and my friend. Who needs lassie to her help when you're stuck on the side of the road? Well I lost my best friend today and Verizon gave me this thing. It has no keyboard and its way too big to fit on my motorcycle. They told me I don't need a keyboard. I feel like my old yeller died and they gave me a poodle.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My condolences on the loss of your buddy. I felt the same way for a few days after I traded up from my droid 2 global to a razr maxx. Then it grew on me. Then I loved it.
It takes time to get used the nuances of a new friend.
There, there, you'll be OK.
Oh, by the way... That poodle is actually a bad a$$ rottweiler. You'll love it :)

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I appreciate the sympathy. Thank you. Other forums don't understand. Let me ask you though... How hard would it be for someone to replace your TV with one that doesn't have a screen and the remote is mounted on the back? That's how much I needed a keyboard

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So did I. Took me a little while. I got used to it. Now I don't even miss it at all. Downloaded swift keyboard. Try it

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
+1 on a swipe style keyboard. It will feel completely unnatural for the first few days, (especially coming from a physical keyboard) but stick with it. I can assure you you'll quickly learn to love it, and before long you'll wonder how you went this long without it.

Sorry for your loss, but good luck with your new friend.

S5 tap'n

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
"The only thing constant in life is change."
I'll be the first to admit that I hate change, but sometimes change is a good thing. As to the TV analogy...your new phone DOES have a screen...a big beautiful screen. Go ahead and put the dang remote on the back of the TV. You don't even need a remote with this guy. You can talk to it and it even knows what you're doing (driving etc.) and it talks to you. I do feel your pain, but once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to old yeller, R.I.P. I too had the early droids with keyboards, Now I don't miss them at all.

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I learned to type in 1976 I'm an old dog too old to learn these new tricks. Its sad that iPhone has a keyboard case available and droid does not. This is a Rottweiler... But it bites me in the hind end when I'd rather hunt on Craigslist for antique cars

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate to pull rank on you, but I learned to type in 1971. Believe me, if an old fart like me can get used to it, a young buck like you will have no problem adapting.

OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
Thanks for the pep talk. I feel like a one legged cat trying to bury poo on a frozen pond. It now takes five minutes to type this instead of five seconds I wanted a droid 5

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does that one finger still work? LOL.. I have to look at the keyboard to find them, then look up and see what the heck I have typed so far......AND now after sending I have to check to see what "Auto Correct " has changed my statement to!

Last edited:
OP
C

Cobra Commander

Reaction score
I know not everyone used the keyboard. I just feel like I got a shovel with no handle. I wore the e c and space bar off of my droid four... Touchscreen is so slow I'll just have to go back to PC now. It was nice being able to communicate while on the go.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
` Joint
That was part of my meaning to Auto Correct ..... I did it on Porpoise !

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I know not everyone used the keyboard. I just feel like I got a shovel with no handle. I wore the e c and space bar off of my droid four... Touchscreen is so slow I'll just have to go back to PC now. It was nice being able to communicate while on the go.

Give voice dictation a try. It works very well and saves a lot of typing.