Droid Turbo shuts off and won't turn back on unless plugged in

Discussion in 'Tech Support Device' started by sxrguyinma, Feb 21, 2018.

1. JDH

JDH Active Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Good point, my battery has been performing like new since I calibrated. Think I'll just put my replacement battery in a cool place for a while

• Like Like x 1
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +985
    I'll have to try calibrating [again]. My battery is still going strong, but it's shutting off at sometimes 10-11% battery. Or it drains to 1%, shuts off and won't power back on....plug in and power up and it will show 10-11% charge.

Really annoying. You'll think you have battery left with 5-10% showing, and then it shuts off.

3. sxrguyinma

sxrguyinma New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    That's what happened with mine except it started at 40-50%. Had to plug in to get it to turn back on. It was always a good as to eat the battery indicator would say too.

Sometimes it'd say whatever perfect it shut off at and other times it's read like 10%. Then I'd turn it on and in the middle of the boot up it'd shut off again. Unplug and plug it back in and then it says 80%.

It got to the point where it wouldn't even fully turn on before it shut off again. Then by chance the day my battery arrived it shut off and nothing would power it on. I'd plug it in and a green light would come on to the left of the front camera which I've never seen before in the 3 years I've had the phone.

The attached screen shot is with the new battery. That's like what it was when it was new. It's been 4 days with the new battery and it's been flawless since the swap. Do yourself a favor and just swap the battery

Attached Files:

4. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Member

Ratings:
    +12
    You're just on the cusp of battery beginning to show age. You're ok, but start shopping. Rough guess is you've a few months.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. sxrguyinma

sxrguyinma New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    I got about a month before the random green light thing. And it seemed to get worse after I did the battery calibration. That could have just been coincidence though

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +985
    I still get easily over a day of battery. Problem started about 4 months ago the last time I flashed a ROM.

I did the charging trick, and also deleted battery stats for good measure. Have to remember to do that a few more times consecutively after draining dead and then we'll see.

Search tags for this page
azs
best cameras

news