Droid touch up paint?

enu33

Reaction score
I've fallen victim to the perils of the smartphone - I was walking down the sidewalk writing an e-mail and tripped over a loose piece of concrete, and the Droid broke my fall.

Everything's still working great, but does anyone have any ideas how I can cover up the exposed metal around the screen? The scratches on the keyboard section aren't as bad as they look in the pic, so I'm less worried about that.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been told by 1 person that Harley-Davidson Touch up paint works well on Droid.

AKValle26

Reaction score
OP, just want to let you know that I cringed when I saw that picture
My condolences

chadwick108

Reaction score
ouch

This may sound kinda odd but I think that black Appliance paint is extremely close to the Droid color... try that. Can get at any home improvement store and sometimes Walmart.

Dr01d

Reaction score
I'd think just about any auto touch up paint would work well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
hurts to look at....

try the harley paint, if not, at least sharpie it for now,

lockman

Reaction score
enu33,
At least tell us that you broke your nose, or skinned your knee, anything!
Just don't say you sacrificed your Droid's natural good looks!
Then again, cicks dig scars, soooooo.......

OP
E

enu33

Reaction score
I ended up using the Harley paint from Amazon.com: TOUCH-UP Paint Pen for BLACK FRAME: Automotive and it looks pretty good - it's not as reflective as the original finish so you notice it in some lights, but mostly you can't tell there's a huge gouge on the edge of my screen unless you're looking for it.

Thanks for the advice and the condolences.

Ridley

Reaction score
Ya know what's funny?

The paint on mine held up fine.

droid1.jpg

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dropped my onto the cement steps a few weeks ago when I slipped on ice, it landed face down and scratched the outer surface. It was my wife who had the idea to use a Sharpie...and it worked great.

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
I dropped my onto the cement steps a few weeks ago when I slipped on ice, it landed face down and scratched the outer surface. It was my wife who had the idea to use a Sharpie...and it worked great.

+ 1 for the Sharpie, mine had a minor scrape and the Sharpie works wonders, i can't even tell and im holding it up almost to my eyeball:woot:

mcb

Reaction score
I have a few nicks in the edge of the cover right up to the glass. I tried the Sharpie route as a temp fix, but being right on the edge, it rubbed off pretty quick.

Going to try the touch up paint now. Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a semi-gloss model paint, which might be cheaper, but its made for plastic and might not hold up well on the metal of the Droid.