Droid touch up paint?

texasPI

Reaction score
I have a few nicks in the edge of the cover right up to the glass. I tried the Sharpie route as a temp fix, but being right on the edge, it rubbed off pretty quick.

Going to try the touch up paint now. Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a semi-gloss model paint, which might be cheaper, but its made for plastic and might not hold up well on the metal of the Droid.

I tried the black model paint and it just didn't stick. It eventually rubbed off.

meaker

Reaction score
I have some scratches and tried the sharpie and it wears off to fast. Best to find a good auto touch paint.

Christobal

Reaction score
I tried the black model paint and it just didn't stick. It eventually rubbed off.

Same here. Looked good for a few days though. Sharpie also fades quickly. It seems as though my small chip is growing. :( It's on the exact lower left corner near the screen.

C

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used the following and it worked great:

Dupli-Color Universal Black NG SF 100

It comes in a brush applicator small bottle and made touch-up a snap. Matched perfectly and has stayed on for a couple of months now. Just be careful to not put too much paint on the scratch/chip.

R

Romple

I used the following and it worked great:

Dupli-Color Universal Black NG SF 100

It comes in a brush applicator small bottle and made touch-up a snap. Matched perfectly and has stayed on for a couple of months now. Just be careful to not put too much paint on the scratch/chip.

I'm going to try this. I have a flying squirrel that loves the Droid as much as I do (except as a chew toy....)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
leave it as is - it shows character and the "workhorse" nature of the phone! ;)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just a matter of time before I'll need to use the methods in this thread. So far my drops haven't taken any paint. One hit the chin REALLY hard and it looks a little weird but other then that, it has held up well the 3 times I've dropped it onto rough cement. :icon_eek: