Droid Touch Screen Test

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Easy there, hoss.

The touchscreen tests have to do with tracking inaccuracy, not sluggishness or overclocking.

I disagree with their testing measures and call BS on them, but it is what it is. Its not really relevant to phone performance.

crspang

Reaction score
As an owner of both the iPhone and the Droid, i have noticed the less responsive screen on the Droid. Here is an article further supporting that claim: Finger Fail: Why Most Touchscreens Miss the Point | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

However, since it's not the hardware that is an issue, could 2.1 potentially fix the responsiveness?

P.S Most people don't even notice the less responsive screen on the Droid if they didn't come from the iPhone or iPod Touch.

I changed the relevant words to bold. What am I missing?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What are you missing? Other than the OP also misunderstanding what those test results meant, nothing.

huskur

Reaction score
Personal experience here..... i have a droid (not rooted or overclocked yet)(but will change tonight) and a friend of mine has a overclocked droid running at 800 MHZ and my wife owns a IPOD touch.

OK....my droid (stock) is 8 out of 10. Both my friends droid and the ipod touch are a very very very close call. 9.5 out of 10 for them. Very smooth....no sluggishness. I will root tonight and overclock to 1 GHZ and see if i can see a difference.

crspang

Reaction score
Personal experience here..... i have a droid (not rooted or overclocked yet)(but will change tonight) and a friend of mine has a overclocked droid running at 800 MHZ and my wife owns a IPOD touch.

OK....my droid (stock) is 8 out of 10. Both my friends droid and the ipod touch are a very very very close call. 9.5 out of 10 for them. Very smooth....no sluggishness. I will root tonight and overclock to 1 GHZ and see if i can see a difference.

Be careful what you post here cause you might get flamed on for not being relevant to the OP's post lol

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Go try Handwrite, from the Market, to see how straight your lines are.

Then try Picso, and see what a major difference it is between the two.

Thats why the test is bogus.
I tried both of the above mentioned apps and with concentrated slow movement I could get nearly perfectly straight lines, with fast movement across the same I got pretty much the same result. Picso seemed to be laggy, handwrite did not at all.

Quick curving lines were exactly what my finger was doing in Handwrite. Same lines in Picso were not however.

I think the touch screen is fine on the Droid.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i feel that sometimes my droid doenst feel as responive as it should, and definately, not as resposive as my ipod touch. even compared to an eris it seems less responsive

BenB2362

Reaction score
I find that my Droid is not as repsonsive or as considerate of my feelings as I'd like...we're going into therapy ;-)

tktouch12

Reaction score
if they say its more of a software/firmware problem, could motorola come out with an update that would fix it? if they wanted to spend the time making it better

tameone

Reaction score
These tests are not very relevant to real life touch performance. To reproduce the results in the test, you need a VERY SLOW CONTROLLED movement across the screen. Emphasis on SLOW. The lines on the Droid WILL jump around like that when moving very slowly.. Drawing lines like every normal person in the entire world would on the Droid produces perfectly straight lines, which is why in the real world, this crap doesn't matter.