Screen like the iPhone

LMac8806

Reaction score
disclaimer: I love my Droid, and I'm not bashing it or wishing it was an iPhone clone.

My wife recently got an iPhone, and I've been messing around with it a little. One thing I've noticed, is the touch response is a billion times better than the Droid. Is there any way Motorola or other companies could get screen response similar to an iPhone with having to drastically alter the OS? (FYI, I'm not a computer savvy person at all....simple explanation please lol)

EbE404

Reaction score
disclaimer: I love my Droid, and I'm not bashing it or wishing it was an iPhone clone.

My wife recently got an iPhone, and I've been messing around with it a little. One thing I've noticed, is the touch response is a billion times better than the Droid. Is there any way Motorola or other companies could get screen response similar to an iPhone with having to drastically alter the OS? (FYI, I'm not a computer savvy person at all....simple explanation please lol)

This is one of the benefits to building an OS to an exact and specific device. People will criticize Apple and the iPhone, but this is one place where the device really shines.

The short answer is that you can make some improvements in screen responsiveness with some hacks, including custom ROMs and overclocking, but it will simply never be as smooth as it is on the iPhone.

The Droid and Android has plenty of strong points and advantages over IOS, but this is on advantage that Apple has.

OP
L

LMac8806

Reaction score

This is one of the benefits to building an OS to an exact and specific device. People will criticize Apple and the iPhone, but this is one place where the device really shines.

The short answer is that you can make some improvements in screen responsiveness with some hacks, including custom ROMs and overclocking, but it will simply never be as smooth as it is on the iPhone.

The Droid and Android has plenty of strong points and advantages over IOS, but this is on advantage that Apple has.

Thanks for the quick response.

As I said, I am not wishing my Droid was an iPhone...but that screen is just awesome. Makes me at least consider making the switch. Haven't played with it enough to know what big advantages the Droid has though. Droid has been the only smartphone I've ever owned.

EbE404

Reaction score
Before this erupts into the perennial Apple bashing thread from the more ravenous Droid fans out there, I will say that I own an iPod Touch and an iPad.

A search will turn up some comparisons between the devices (probably more than you want, and some much more biased than others), but I will say I have a great respect for the iPhone and some things are done really well in IOS.

However, while I like the devices I have, I personally prefer Android for my phone mainly because of the customization options I have with the phone.

Even if you don't want to go the "rooted route" there are a huge number of things that you can do to make the phone your own, and I really like that. I can modify the interface to suit my use and workflows, which I appreciate.