Droid to PC with WiFi connection

asteDroidx

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to connect with windows media player or iTunes on the laptop using WiFi to retrieve my music and store it on my Droid. I heard something about having to download the DLNA app, but im not 100% sure how to go about it.

OP
A

asteDroidx

Reaction score
Yea I mounted my sd card to my laptop and synced with windows media player and worked perfectly. For some reason my pc isn't recognizing the usb cord

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mikehal38

Reaction score
I used swiftp and it worked great for my music. Get filezilla on your pc and then connect with wifi and you can send whatever you want between the two wirelessly.

Technoman

Reaction score
Websharing APP in the market allows you to connect with your PC WIFI through a web browser.

DLNA is already on your phone and you don't have to load anything. It will however only work with another DLNA device.

snodog

Reaction score
I use the ASTRO file manager + the ASTRO SMB module. The combination allows me to connect to Windows 'shares' via WiFi.
This app isn't the only app that can do this.
In fact even the 'stock' files app can do this, but I really like the ASTRO functionality :)
With the configurations I set up on my and my Wifes Droids I can upload and download files from the phones to any of the PC's in our house and work via the available WiFi connection.

en28so

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to connect with windows media player or iTunes on the laptop using WiFi to retrieve my music and store it on my Droid. I heard something about having to download the DLNA app, but im not 100% sure how to go about it.
Have you tried isyncr? It has an addon called wifi isyncr that will transfer your itunes playlists to your droid. It doesn't work with media player.

lamarrk

Reaction score
Get "Android Manager Wifi" from the market. Install the program on the PC and the app on the droid. Works great. I use it to retrieve photos off the phone and to put mp3s on the phone.