copying music from droid to friends pc

lesleyndanny

Reaction score
How can I copy my music on my droid x to my friends pc. I tried using her windows media player to sync my device with no luck. I am not technologically advanced obviously so I need help. Thanks much.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Connect via USB, click transfer files to computer in your notifications. This mounts your SD card to the computer. Go to my computer and select the removable storage device (your phone) then copy and paste your music files to her computer. All done. Unmount the SD card then disconnect the data cable. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Boxster986

Reaction score
How can I copy my music on my droid x to my friends pc. I tried using her windows media player to sync my device with no luck. I am not technologically advanced obviously so I need help. Thanks much.

I don't have the X, but it should be pretty straight forward, I'll try and help.

Ok, so when you connect the USB from your phone to your friends computer, do you see a message appear on your phone saying that the USB is connected? It should ask you to click an option to "enable" USB storage device or something along those lines.

You should see a droid character on the screen. When you click the enable option did it change colors? I think it should go from green to orange or orange to green (but that may be different on the DroidX).

If all of that works:

You should see a windows pop up asking how to open the storage location, choose explorer (it's the classic looking manila folder)

After you select, play around with looking at the folders. It may be different for your phone. As long as you don't delete anything, it's safe to poke around. You'll want to look for folders that say "Music" or "Media" or "MP3" etc etc.

If you don't find it and want to take a shortcut, back up to the beginning of the explorer window. Once inside the same explorer window, look for the little search option inside the window (left side if it's an older version of windows, upper right if it's newer) and type the name of a song you know is on there. If it pops up in the search results, right click the music file and select properties and pay attention to where the file is located (example: F:\MicroSD\Droid\Media\Music) and try to go in using that order.

Try this... if it's confusing, I'll still be here to help. Let's find the music first and then we can move onto the next step. :)