How to do Wifi file transfers from computer to Droid X?

milimar

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do a WiFi file transfer from my home network to the Droid X? I have the wifi connection working for (web) and I know how to do it via USB but, wanted to avoid the wire and I don't have DLNA on xp systems.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you open the File Manager that came with the X, and choose Shared Folders, you can connect to a shared folder on a PC on your network.

jonwgee

Reaction score
try Awesome Drop from dashwire labs in the market It's super fast and easy

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's available for the X but I use FTP Server from the market

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
File Manager that came with the X

If you open the File Manager that came with the X, and choose Shared Folders, you can connect to a shared folder on a PC on your network.
I have tried this and all that shows up is the IP address of my network and prompt for login that doesn't work.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You need to share a folder on the PC you want to share files with. Then use the login that you use on that PC.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you aren't familiar with networks/sharing, you may just want to use an app like jon suggested.

jonwgee

Reaction score
So, "Awesome Drop" is a simple wifi connection?

it's web based, open the app on your phone, type labs.dashwire.com into your browser . type in the unique pin on your phone and then just drag and drop files from your PC into the box on the browser. Easy as pie. works over wifi or 3g

Edit: I use it for roms, wallpapers, photos, ringtones, music ....

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
I just might try the app but, want to find out more?

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
Your the Man!

Well I tried "Awesome Drop" and exactly what I needed, something to avoid wires , great and thank you!

the5barrons

Reaction score
Sorry. I got a pin and got the phone to the "waiting for drop" screen. What do I do with my computer? Go to the same labs.dashwire.com website?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
Go Back?

Ok,i figured out the drop from computer to dx. How do u go back from dx to computer?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp
I don't know if you can go back from Droid X to "Awesome Drop" How ever there is another app I think is better because it does allow 2 way transfer. It's called "WebSharingLite", market place. It gives you an IP addresss of your computer with a few extra numbers. You open browser of the computer and type it in and you are ready to go. Right clicking opens a menu to upload from DroidX to computer or download from X to computer.