How to do Wifi file transfers from computer to Droid X?

brinack

Reaction score
Yes millimar to select only one thing just press and hold on that file and a copy command should come up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xmguy

Reaction score
I use wifi file explorer (paid). I can link over wifi then go to a html page local on my network and pull files off or upload. Works great.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
Thanks I figured it out and ES filemanager is the best yet so far!

milimar

brinack

Reaction score
Glad I could help. If you take the time to play with the program it can do alot of stuff besides just file transfers. I also use the backup apps feature which works well. Enjoy the holidays!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mjosdown

Reaction score
well i have spent the better part of the last 2 hours trying to find any information on Media Share or the Files "app" on my droid 2. All i want to do is copy a file from y droid to my computer without using wires. Here, in this brave new wondeful world, is what i discovered:

1. no one can get media share to work, it always asks for a username and password, of which i have tried ALL of them. computer login name and pw, router name and pw, made up a new user name and pw, not surprisingly NONE of these worked.

2. someone here suggested sharing the folder. well i went through the whole deal on sharing a folder on windows wonderful website. ok, so its suppossed to be shareable now, but i still get prompted for a user name and pw from my not very smartphone droid 2.

3. google search wifi, media share, files etc with droid2 and all you have are tons of questions, no answers

so i guess i have to dl dropbox?

last sarcastic question - with something as easy as wifi, and something as common as sharing files, why is the standard app that comes with the droid so f&*%^@# awful? and why do countless posts on the subject have no answers?

makes me want to chop off heads. god i hate this sh*t

thx for any help, but i am not expecting any, motorola sucks

This may be a little late for the original poster, but any one new might be able to get something out of this post. I got this to work on my machine running Vista. I had to create a new admin account, then add that account to the list of users on the shared folder I wanted to use. MAKE SURE THE ACCOUNT YOU CREATED IS IN THE SHARED LIST!. When your phone asks for the user name and password, use the newly created account and you should go right to the shared folder(s).

What I found out though, is that you can only transfer one file at a time. So this sucks big time when you need to transfer a bunch of pictures or songs. I haven't tried any of the apps mentioned here, but sound like they will work better than transferring one at a time.