How to do Wifi file transfers from computer to Droid X?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ok,i figured out the drop from computer to dx. How do u go back from dx to computer?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp
I don't know if you can go back from Droid X to "Awesome Drop" How ever there is another app I think is better because it does allow 2 way transfer. It's called "WebSharingLite", market place. It gives you an IP addresss of your computer with a few extra numbers. You open browser of the computer and type it in and you are ready to go. Right clicking opens a menu to upload from DroidX to computer or download from X to computer.

I'm gonna try it. Thanks

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I attached the personal portal app, check it out. Works great on the droid, not sure about the x though. Its official moto I believe.

Attachments

• PersonalPortal 029.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
personal Portal app

I attached the personal portal app, check it out. Works great on the droid, not sure about the x though. Its official moto I believe.
Do you know if this works on thr Droid X?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ok,i figured out the drop from computer to dx. How do u go back from dx to computer?

I don't know if you can go back from Droid X to "Awesome Drop" How ever there is another app I think is better because it does allow 2 way transfer. It's called "WebSharingLite", market place. It gives you an IP addresss of your computer with a few extra numbers. You open browser of the computer and type it in and you are ready to go. Right clicking opens a menu to upload from DroidX to computer or download from X to computer.

The lite version only allows for transfer of files that aren't music, photo, etc...

2.99 for the full version.

brinack

Reaction score
ES File Explorer will do everything u are looking to do on wifi. I just got done using it to transfer songs to my dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mediasharesucks

Reaction score
media share / files sucks on droid2

well i have spent the better part of the last 2 hours trying to find any information on Media Share or the Files "app" on my droid 2. All i want to do is copy a file from y droid to my computer without using wires. Here, in this brave new wondeful world, is what i discovered:

1. no one can get media share to work, it always asks for a username and password, of which i have tried ALL of them. computer login name and pw, router name and pw, made up a new user name and pw, not surprisingly NONE of these worked.

2. someone here suggested sharing the folder. well i went through the whole deal on sharing a folder on windows wonderful website. ok, so its suppossed to be shareable now, but i still get prompted for a user name and pw from my not very smartphone droid 2.

3. google search wifi, media share, files etc with droid2 and all you have are tons of questions, no answers

so i guess i have to dl dropbox?

last sarcastic question - with something as easy as wifi, and something as common as sharing files, why is the standard app that comes with the droid so f&*%^@# awful? and why do countless posts on the subject have no answers?

makes me want to chop off heads. god i hate this sh*t

thx for any help, but i am not expecting any, motorola sucks

B

budmonster

I just might try the app but, want to find out more?

Awesome Drop is in the market. Download it, then open Awesome Drop from Dashwire Labs in you PC browser. You type in the code from the website on the AD app on your phone. You can then drag and drop any file from your PC right onto the website and it will appear your phones sdcard in the "/drop" folder. It's the easiest way I found to transfer files from your PC to your phone wireless.

Also, I'm trying to find an app to transfer files from my phone to my PC. Not Dropbox or apps like that, something like a drag and drop app.

EDIT: Mediashare is impossible for me to figure out, I still cant figure out how to transfer files to my PC using it?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I use SwiFTP

I just watched the video for the other wifi app and it looks like you don't have much control over the folder placement. SwiFTP is more like an actual ftp file system. Im out on the town and not in front of a computer right now. I'll check it out though.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
ES File Explorer will do everything u are looking to do on wifi. I just got done using it to transfer songs to my dx.

This and Linda File Manager. I think ES is better, easier to use tho. U can do back and forth file transfers with both. With ES u can scan for computers to connect to on your network.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I've been using dropbox. Anything I put on the phone that I want somewhere else...I just go through Root Explorer and put it where it belongs.

OP
M

milimar

Reaction score
ES is better

This and Linda File Manager. I think ES is better, easier to use tho. U can do back and forth file transfers with both. With ES u can scan for computers to connect to on your network.
I've tried ES File manager and I seem to be stuck transfering from pc to phone. Is there and option for selecting and individual file? Seems a little quirky or very difficult to select 1 file from the pc?

Reaction score
SwiFTP works best. Its really fast. IE: whenever I need to put something onto my phone I can drag and drop pretty quickly.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Do you know if this works on thr Droid X?
Dude, he said right in the post you quoted that he wasn't sure it would work on the X. Slow down and read...lol