Droid Texting issue

woodstock

Reaction score
Hi All.

I've had my Motorola Droid for while now and have always been able to fix everything without a problem. However, I have run into an issue that I can't find out where to make the change. When I text someone or reply to some one the picture that shows up on the left (usually it's the Android like :greendroid: only black) somehow it got changed to a picture from one of my contacts and I'll be buggered if I find out how to change it. When I text or reply it is the one that says Me: so if anyone can tell me how to change this I would be very greatful! Love my Droid!
Thanks in Advance,
Charlie

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi All.

I've had my Motorola Droid for while now and have always been able to fix everything without a problem. However, I have run into an issue that I can't find out where to make the change. When I text someone or reply to some one the picture that shows up on the left (usually it's the Android like :greendroid: only black) somehow it got changed to a picture from one of my contacts and I'll be buggered if I find out how to change it. When I text or reply it is the one that says Me: so if anyone can tell me how to change this I would be very greatful! Love my Droid!
Thanks in Advance,
Charlie
Are you using a witter or facebook app at all on your phone? Contacts will sync and it will port pictures from the profiles.... and btw Welcome to forums! this is wrong section to post in though.... id post in the Droid general section.

OP
W

woodstock

Reaction score
Hey ilikemoneygreen.
Thanks for the welcome and I did try to post in General, but I was given an error message saying I could not post there. So I gave this one a try and it worked will check into the reason why and post where I should. Yes I do use Facebook App do you know how to fix the icon though? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Charlie

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe its in the settings of the app. I don't use it so I can't say exactly but maybe something called like sync contacts? Something along those lines.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you using the stock messaging app or Handcent? The reason I ask is handcent does the icons...all you have to do to swap the picture is press the icon and select a new image to use...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App