Editing Text Messages

dee129

Reaction score
How do I edit text messages (i.e. change the font color, size etc.) that can be seen by the receiver? Please don't suggest Handcent, it's terrible. It only changes texts on my phone (not the receiver's) and causes many other problems (duplicate texts, etc.) Is there any way to make text to my friends "cute" and add some little icon pictures? Thanks for any advice.

Droids

Reaction score
You can't force the text changes on another user's phone. You both have to use Handcent or Chomp, or whatever else is out there. You're getting duplicate texts because you still have the original built-in text app enabled at the same time you are using a 3rd party app like Handcent. You can disable the built-in app to avoid this.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I edit text messages (i.e. change the font color, size etc.) that can be seen by the receiver?
As stated above, you can't.

Is there any way to make text to my friends "cute" and add some little icon pictures?
The emoticons that the recipient sees are determined by the recipient's app. Again, what you're thinking of isn't possible. Text messages aren't like HTML mail.

You can disable the built-in app to avoid this.
Disable the notifications in the stock app, actually.