Droid Smilies

Trex527

Reaction score
I know this might sound stupid to some of you, but please bear with me. I just purchased my Motorola Droid today. I'm a frequent smilie user, and I love using the touch screen keyboard instead of the slide out keyboard for the droid to text. So I like how convenient the little smilie shortcut the droids virtual keyboard is. One problem. I don't like those kind of smlies! (I'm not talking about the little green guys, i'm talking about the actual smilies themselves) The ones the droid shortcut uses are these kind :) when I prefer to use these kind of smilies :). So my question to you all is, can i make that shortcut so that its the smilies I want (for example :) or :(, ect.) or is there nothing i can do about the ugly ones it comes with (like this :) or this :-( ) I've researched this for a while now and dont know what to do to change the shortcut to these kind of smilies ----> :)! Can anyone help me? thank you so much!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting question. It seems that someone has been able to modify or change every icon or display so I would think that if you can locate the keyboard code you the color could be modified. This, however, is above my capability.

Mike

OP
T

Trex527

Reaction score
Interesting question. It seems that someone has been able to modify or change every icon or display so I would think that if you can locate the keyboard code you the color could be modified. This, however, is above my capability.

Mike

Really? Do you know who could help me out with that? Or maybe some place you could direct me to?

OP
T

Trex527

Reaction score
sounds good! only thing is, my Droid isn't rooted! :/

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oops! Then I'm not sure that you will be able to modify many of the things you want. You may want to check out the different home screen options available in the market.

Mike

OP
T

Trex527

Reaction score
alright...

But you would think there has to be a way to edit those smilies and create your own, ya know?

OP
T

Trex527

Reaction score
yeah i totally have! i just don't know how to do it lol

OP
T

Trex527

Reaction score
and yes, i believe i got the update yesterday

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. Keep in touch. If you installed the latest release from VZW the tutorial will not work.

Not sure where you are located. I'm in PA and it is late so I'm in need of sleep. I'll be here tomorrow if you need anything

Mike