Rooting Version 2.2.3 ?

therock

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
icon1.gif

EDIT ****** I'm getting the "signature verification failed".

I have a stock OG Droid with 2.2.3. Kernel 2.6.32.9-build@apa26#1, Build FRK76.
I have searched but am still confused.
confused.gif
Lots of the info assumes I know some basics.

I have rooted manually a century ago just to see it and reverted back.
I have forgotten the steps.
I want to root for the sole purpose of overclocking it. I want to keep the stock look and feel, I just want to heat it up a bit.

If some kind soul would be good enough to give me info and link to the update.zip I need for 2.2.3 and the steps to manually apply it I'll worry about a clocking app later.

Thanks!

bigseksi66

Reaction score
Just came across your post a few minutes ago....I'm in the same predicament.

I rooted a little over a year ago. Just finished reverting back to stock. OTA updates elevated me to Build FRK76.

Immediately following unrooting and receiving these updates, I attempted MotoCache's method via the thread here on the forum. Found dead links to the needed recovery files. Also, I believe certain conflicts have arisen with some of the earlier sbf recovery files with the introduction of Version 2.2.

Am kinda stuck right now, too.

I just posted a similar message to yours in the Rescue Squad area of the Forum.

chrisrand

Reaction score
Luckily I just had to go through all of this with my play droid. I currently just got in to the whole android game with my first Android phone, the Motorola Triumph (best unlimited mobile plan with android out there with Virgin Mobile only $35/m) I have always been an Apple person and there is nothing wrong with living in both worlds.

Any who I have had a D1 to play around with for a while, but just recently went through the process and I can now say I am a happy clam with Steel Droid 9 running well after doing an OTA update to 2.2.3 like you.

So just go to this link SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download and download the superoneclick app. Its a special version that still works with our Droids in particular. When extracted open the app and make sure to check the second option rageagainsthecage, then click root. Wait for it to finish, it may freeze up but don't worry just don't touch anything and you will be fine after a few minutes.

Then just install clockwork and flash a cool rom like CM7, Steel Droid, Ultimate Droid, Project Elite, Bugless Beast, Simply Stunning, Sourcery.

Ok good luck now!