Droid screen acting crazy.

Hot Sauce

Reaction score
As the title says, my OG Droid started acting crazy, The screen acts as if there"s no input from the middle of the screen, where the app drawer widget is all the way up the screen. try to open the app drawer and nothing happens, even when you open the menu button, none of the options in that middle, vertical area will activate on press. however if you add another app drawer widget to another area of the screen, as long as its not in that middle vertical area, it works. Also, the phone will start opening up different apps/operations at random, just going crazy, even though no one is touching the screen. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, I had to use my upgrade, which IM not too happy about because I really liked the Droid.

Thanks
Sauce

SANhacker

Reaction score
I was having the exact same problem.
I've been rooted for quite a while so I thought it had something to do with the ROM/kernel I was using. This prompted me to SBF back to stock and I had the same problem. Screen just had a mind of it's own. Would start acting like I was touching it when I was not. Apparently planned obsolescence is built into these phones. Just upgraded to the RAZR yesterday and life is good again. :D

Motoman1

Reaction score
Do you have a case on the phone? sometimes cases can touch the screen at the edges in such a way that they cause a screen responsiveness problem. Or maybe your phone just sucks and needs to be replaced.

Jonas

Reaction score
This is commonly caused by a tiny amount of water being under the screen. Do you have the phone in the bathroom when you shower, or have you been caught in a bad rainstorm recently? I would try putting the phone in a bag of rice, that can help sometimes.